Author Topic: My latest garage toy  (Read 5413 times)

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
My latest garage toy
« on: February 06, 2011, 05:36:48 PM »
Ok, the Canadian gov't has a department of Public Works, and it has a group responsible for getting rid of surplus or warn out or seized items.  To date I have picked up some uninterpretable power supplies, a small Dewalt Air compressor, and my 93 Chev Truck (Indians smuggling in cigarettes)

This week I spotted a Swan Air Compressor, its a 5ho, dual cylinder, 60 gallon upright air compressor.  If you look at the pictures note that is is pained in OD Green, note the picture show how it is bolted to the skid.  Being that it has to be hard wired into an electrical panel it could not be tested so it was sold for parts.

I low balled the bid,, the unit new is worth over $1800 wholesale.  I figured I was too low, but hey you never know.

I won the bid!!!  I picked it up yesterday and as I suspected it is brand new, never been used ex base spare.  Its copper is all like new, no dust on it because it was still in its original packing crate.  I just need a belt and to  hook it up and I am ready to go... now I can get some nice air tools.

here is my new toy

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

OneBarfly

• View Profile
Re: My latest garage toy
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 06:22:10 PM »
Congrats - looks like a quality unit.  I never have had any luck with my Crown Assets bids..... One of these days perhaps.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 09:18:55 AM »
Andrew that is one sweet deal. You deserve it for all of the extra work you have been doing. Is Troy digging for gold yet??? DD
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 12:34:08 PM »
I have no idea if that is the case, but I would assume that he would wait till spring before making the journey... I wish him all the best
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 06:12:09 PM »
OK.  I can't take it anymore.  How much was the bid?

My name is Casey and I am a recovering auction junkie.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 08:30:56 PM »
with taxes I had change from $300

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 02:04:06 AM »
How does the injector hold up with WMO ??
 :angel:

Congrats on a great find.

( I find I have to log in after reading 2 or 3 posts.  But at least the forum is back. )