Puppeteer

Author Topic: WMO 2nd GENERATION  (Read 33154 times)

billswan

• View Profile
Re: WMO 2nd GENERATION
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Ecotort

That WAS what I originally had in mind to do with my roid engines. HHO from electrolysis that is, but that nasty ash killed the first 10/1 before I could get the co generation system totally set up to my liking. I have also been dragging my feet watching utube videos put up by the guys experimenting with building the ultra efficient HHO cells. They seem to be much more creative than me and much better funded as these cells can cost quite a wad of cash.

But back to your question of will HHO burn the ash. Here is my opinion only .......... won't happen............ That ash is so abrasive it will kill a roid if the waste oil is mixed at about high % to diesel the only way to keep the cylinder damage down is to keep the WMO% to maybe 10% + or -. Remember this is MY opinion the only proof I have is 2 wore out roids run at high % wmo without HHO...................

Billswan
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »
I have seen some positive posts about people running a 25% mixture of WMO and not reporting any problems despite some fairly high hours logged. It seems to me I read that the Air Force was doing this same thing successfully at about 10% to 15%. So I wonder if the key issue is really the build up and concentration in the combustion chamber & piston of waste products that can be either cleared or avoided by a different fuel mixture. If that is the case (as I suspect it is), then the HHO mixture could also change that dynamic for the better. Not that it would be doing anything with the carbon and ash rather than preventing its build-up inside the engine in the first place.

Just some musings here, I burn all my waste oils in the shop heaters.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

bloomers359

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 10:38:48 PM by bloomers359 »

billswan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 12:41:11 PM »
Thanks for the link bloomers359 hope to read it some day. Lots of info there just don't have the time now.

What I did scan through was very interesting.

Billswan
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 02:44:51 PM »
Very interesting, Thanks for that link!  Interpreting that chemistry as it might apply to WMO is a stretch, but I suppose we have some chemical engineers here as well?

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

cylinderheadnut

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2011, 07:09:59 PM »
We have not touched on the very important question of is the wmo exhaust toxic, and if so we need it analized and compared to Diesel fuel.

If the result is bad then we cannot proceed any further.

As regards heavy metal contamination, iv'e changed my mind, is there any ? the wear of bearing metal into the oil over the whole life of the engine and it's oil changes probably is insignificant.

Additives in the oil may be nasty though, but then  Diesel is not made from flowers !