Puppeteer

Author Topic: Welcome to the new server!  (Read 7027 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the new server!
« on: January 30, 2011, 12:13:54 PM »
If you spot any problems, e.g. missing graphics, bits that don't work, etc. please let one of the admin team know.

Your new admin team are:

Andrew (T19)
Bob (mobile_bob)
Ade (AdeV)

You can PM any one of us for assistance.

There are more changes to come, but for the time being, let's just settle in & see how we go.

Onwards!
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

contaucreek

• View Profile
Re: Welcome to the new server!
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 02:38:24 PM »
Thumbs up !!
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 01:51:11 PM »
        ;D ;D               

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 02:03:08 PM »
If you spot any problems, e.g. missing graphics, bits that don't work, etc. please let one of the admin team know.

Your new admin team are:

Andrew (T19)
Bob (mobile_bob)
Ade (AdeV)

You can PM any one of us for assistance.

There are more changes to come, but for the time being, let's just settle in & see how we go.

Onwards!

Hey  Guys ,
 Can You Tell Me Whats Going On With The Forum and Website ,Can i Be Of Any Assistance .Whats Happened To The Old Website www.listerengine.com ? . And Why Have You Guys Shifted To www.lister-engines.com domain .I have a VPS Server And Can Host Lister Engine Forum For Free + i Myself Have Great Knowledge Of Internet and PHP Etc etc Scripts .
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ www.indianlisteroid.com ]
Indian Listers - Research ,Repair And Spares

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 03:07:30 PM »
Amarbir I am probably not the person who should probably answer this since I am lucky to just get the computer on. The change is because of a merge between the two. It will take a little time to work out the bugs but I am confident in the end the forum created will move forward with a positive nature. In the end I believe everyone from both forums will have access and may or may not utilize all of the information. I have used both forums and even though one forum seems a little confusing it will pay off in the end. That is the goal. Mike DD
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 03:19:34 PM by DRDEATH »
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 03:25:06 PM »
O where o where did our spell check go????????????? Please find it and send it back. LMAO Me
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 03:32:55 PM »

Hey  Guys ,
 Can You Tell Me Whats Going On With The Forum and Website ,Can i Be Of Any Assistance .Whats Happened To The Old Website www.listerengine.com ? . And Why Have You Guys Shifted To www.lister-engines.com domain .I have a VPS Server And Can Host Lister Engine Forum For Free + i Myself Have Great Knowledge Of Internet and PHP Etc etc Scripts .

Hi there,

The domain name shift is only temporary, you should already be able to access the forum again on http://listerengine.com/; if not, then it should be sorted by tomorrow at the latest (in technogeek: it's all to do with your local DNS cache. Once your cached records go stale, the DNS will be refreshed & will point to the correct server).
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »
Hello all again....seems to be quite zippy ;D
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 04:12:00 PM »
Welcome back xyzer, glad you're finding it that way :)

To all - I believe the spill chucker is working again now?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 04:28:38 AM »

Sir ,
 Sorry i missed all this could you tell me once more what happened and then what all did you folks do .I repeat if you people need space i am game for this i have my own server and you can host for free .
Regards

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »

Sir ,
 Sorry i missed all this could you tell me once more what happened and then what all did you folks do .I repeat if you people need space i am game for this i have my own server and you can host for free .

Hi Amarbir,

Many thanks for your kind offer... the Lister Engine Forum has just been moved from its old location (a hosting service with a less than exemplary record for keeping everything running), to a new (virtual) server with a UK hosting company. It will be living here for the time being.

The issues with the domain name, etc., are purely related to the DNS moving. Rather than having people stuck & unable to access the forum until their domain records refreshed, we chose to temporarily load it onto an alternative domain (lister-engine.com), with appropriate re-directs from the old host. By the end of this week, that will no longer be necessary, and http://listerengine.com should come to this new server for all users.

Again, thanks for the offer - I believe we have it covered for the time being.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 07:06:34 PM »

Sir ,

Hi Amarbir,

Many thanks for your kind offer... the Lister Engine Forum has just been moved from its old location (a hosting service with a less than exemplary record for keeping everything running), to a new (virtual) server with a UK hosting company. It will be living here for the time being.

The issues with the domain name, etc., are purely related to the DNS moving. Rather than having people stuck & unable to access the forum until their domain records refreshed, we chose to temporarily load it onto an alternative domain (lister-engine.com), with appropriate re-directs from the old host. By the end of this week, that will no longer be necessary, and http://listerengine.com should come to this new server for all users.

Again, thanks for the offer - I believe we have it covered for the time being.

Well,
 Keep This In Mind If You Ever Need My Services For Any Scripting Etc Or Enhancements To the forum i am just a pm away
Regards