Author Topic: Back After 6 Months - The Indian Listeroid Project  (Read 40861 times)

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: Back After 6 Months - The Indian Listeroid Project
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 01:29:13 PM »
You would also find a good market for Lister parts in the UK but we would need parts to fit the UK built Lister engine.
I would be interested in buying good quality castings from you, as the original Dursley castings are no longer available.
This company makes many of the bearings sold in the UK, and they appear good quality.
http://www.vasantbrass.com/main.htm

Whilst not yet having had to resort to using any internal cloned parts on my own lister CS engines, I have incorporated them into engines I have rebuilt for other people who were more sensitive to OEM prices. Having researched various suppliers and always being prepared to pay for 'export quality' I have to date sourced these parts myself from India, and they always represented a significant cost saving compared to cloned parts that are presently available in the UK.

Hence I totally agree with you there. If someone such as the OP who is based in India, and who appears to be familiar with the Rojkot Listeriod scene was prepared spend the time and build a business on supplying spare parts compatible with original CS engines that are of a known quality and consistency from companies such as you have identified, there would be significant demand in the UK (and elsewhere) from Lister CS enthuisasts who just cannot afford OEM prices. It would also bring some much needed competition to the UK market, where there is presently only one well known supplier of Listeriod parts.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 04:49:32 PM »
May I first say welcome back Amarbir :) I had been wondering where you had gone? I think you will do well as a dealer in parts since you know the situation in Inda better than anyone here could know it.  I think you would be wise to go the Ebay route as they are a trusted venue or at least be set up with PayPal a trusted courier of funds.  I see that one of the parts vendors in India has been selling a few parts on Ebay, I think it is Devon? They have fuel pumps and a few other items for sale now.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:45 AM »
from what you have reported the 4-1 refers probably to 4 compression and 1 oil control ring, and 3-2 refers to 3 compression and 2 oil control rings

also the different spec's for cylinder liners, apparently india produces common liners
as well as hardened liners

my bet is every engine ever built for export to this country gets the cheapest cylinder liners available, and most engine's would surely benefit from the hardened ones.

it does not appear that the extra cost for a hardened liner is significant, at maybe a 10% extra cost?

if i had a listeroid, i would be ordering the higher quality and more expensive parts from you!

a hard liner, higher quality piston with 4 compression and 1 oil control ring, plain bottom end brgs, a dipper to feed oil into the big end, a bronze camshaft idler gear,
one of xyz'ers offset idler bolts, a head gskt from gaskets to go, and a careful, clean and to spec assembly might well result in an indian lister that would be far superior to
anything we have got here in the past.

i think you might well be able to do some business with folks here and over at
www.microcogen.info , you might want to post over there as well

i know i am going to post a cross link over their to your post here!

thanks
bob g

Bob ,
    One Thing I would Like To Tell All The Folks Here Is That "Lister Products" Selling Is Not My Agenda In Comming To LEF .My Main Goal Is That i am a Crazy Fan ,I Have The Resources And Infrastructure To Send You Products .I Would Become a Dealer Of a Few Companies What Sell Lister Stuff To Provide You Great Spares .I Am Not Here To Make Money ,My Basic Work Is Agriculture and I Have Large Farm Holding In Punjab and Rajasthan State In India .My Secondary Business Is In Chandigarh Related To Computer ,Electronics ,Audio and Its In This Website I Am Going To Add Lister Stuff As And When i Am Getting Quality Products .Also Every Saturday And Sunday I Would Go About In Three States Around My Hometown Researching On Listers And Thier History and Spares  .Thus Providing You Stuff That You Can Never Imagine That Can Come Out Of India  .Now To Answer Your Questions

Q : from what you have reported the 4-1 refers probably to 4 compression and 1 oil control ring, and 3-2 refers to 3 compression and 2 oil control rings
A : Well So That It Means That The 4+1 Is a Better system For a Piston Assembly right ,Can You Tell me how and why on this  .

Q : my bet is every engine ever built for export to this country gets the cheapest cylinder liners available, and most engine's would surely benefit from the hardened ones.
A : Do Not bet it is ,They know the market well ,The know who makes quality products who do not they use all shit material to assemble engine and send to you folks .More Then 50% Have No idea about specs and also about quality .

Q : it does not appear that the extra cost for a hardened liner is significant, at maybe a 10% extra cost?
A : Yes True this is true in everything ,In India We Have Extremely Talented People Who Do Make Great Quality Stuff ,Hence in Indian every lister spare can be of unacceptable quality ,Acceptable Quality and Top Notch Quality ,I confirm That i Have Seen this Myself And i Have Actual Pricelists Of All lister parts with this variation .

Q : if i had a listeroid, i would be ordering the higher quality and more expensive parts from you! , a hard liner, higher quality piston with 4 compression and 1 oil control ring, plain bottom end brgs, a dipper to feed oil into the big end, a bronze camshaft idler gear,
one of xyz'ers offset idler bolts, a head gskt from gaskets to go, and a careful, clean and to spec assembly might well result in an indian lister that would be far superior to anything we have got here in the past.
A :Its Great If i Can Help a Fellow Lister Fan Who is As Crazy Like Me Lol .Please Explain Me The difference In Liners , Pistons , You said plain bottom end bearing "Do you mean the CR bearing used to connect the connecting rod to the crankshaft to the piston ? ." .And By Big End Do you Mean Top CR Bearing .Well every lister has a dipper right  .Please Explain Me What You Mean By Camshaft Idler Gear "sorry All These Have Indian Names And this Confuses Me a Lot ,But your One Post Can Clear This fo Me " .Also What You Mean By "xyz'ers offset idler bolts" .Well In India We Have Great Gaskets But No One Bothers To Send Or Export Quality here ,Same On People .True If you Assemble a engine From quality Parts There will be no regrets and i confirm this ,I have experienced this myself  .
Regards

Amarbir Singh Dhillon [ www.indianlisteroid.com ]
Indian Listers - Research ,Repair And Spares

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »
Hello Amarbir,
You would also find a good market for Lister parts in the UK but we would need parts to fit the UK built Lister engine.
I would be interested in buying good quality castings from you, as the original Dursley castings are no longer available.
One of the problems you will find is that there is a difference between some of the Indian and British parts. One example is the 8/1 rings you have listed (3x1). These will fit the Indian made 8/1 but the British engine has a larger top ring.
This company makes many of the bearings sold in the UK, and they appear good quality.
They would also supply the ‘Bronze cam gear’ that Bob mentioned.

Bottleveg ,
    I Agree To That Believe Me thay have so many models of everything not only castings  ,If someone can show me what they want i can hunt that down .Why do you people need castings ? . Are the original once having issues .Well We Can Always Hunt Fro Stuff For Friends Like You Whatever you like  .I Would Like To Have a Original Lister CS .I Hope Someone in UK Can Sell Me One .Well You Are Getting vasantbrass products in uk cos some so called dealer might be importing it from them and selling them ,I gurranty you that there are far superior people and material in my country  .
Regards

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 11:14:46 AM »

Whilst not yet having had to resort to using any internal cloned parts on my own lister CS engines, I have incorporated them into engines I have rebuilt for other people who were more sensitive to OEM prices. Having researched various suppliers and always being prepared to pay for 'export quality' I have to date sourced these parts myself from India, and they always represented a significant cost saving compared to cloned parts that are presently available in the UK.

Hence I totally agree with you there. If someone such as the OP who is based in India, and who appears to be familiar with the Rojkot Listeriod scene was prepared spend the time and build a business on supplying spare parts compatible with original CS engines that are of a known quality and consistency from companies such as you have identified, there would be significant demand in the UK (and elsewhere) from Lister CS enthuisasts who just cannot afford OEM prices. It would also bring some much needed competition to the UK market, where there is presently only one well known supplier of Listeriod parts.

Well,
   Who is That Supplier In UK Is It This Fellow -> www.stationaryengineparts.com  "Steven Perks " ,Believe Me I am not here spoil someone bread and butter ,But i will definitely sell parts ,If he wants quality parts i will find and sell him those ,At least he is local to you but yes the difference in currency is so much that they look so inexpensive to you folks ,Its does look expensive here to many indian mechanics lol  .
Regards

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »
May I first say welcome back Amarbir :) I had been wondering where you had gone? I think you will do well as a dealer in parts since you know the situation in Inda better than anyone here could know it.  I think you would be wise to go the Ebay route as they are a trusted venue or at least be set up with PayPal a trusted courier of funds.  I see that one of the parts vendors in India has been selling a few parts on Ebay, I think it is Devon? They have fuel pumps and a few other items for sale now.

Haa Haa ,
 Well You Folks Have Spolied Me Man ,What a Hobby you have put me into ,every night i get scolding from my family that this guy has got insane lol .Well I will Not Trade On Ebay due To Many Reasons Let Me Explain You One Of The Most Shittiest One  .

A : If i add some products to ebay indian for sale in lister engines and you Buy It ,you Can Pay Via your Credit Card Or I Also Accept Paypal "Though Paypal is Not a Official Payment System In ebay India Its Called Paisapay " . I Ship You the Stuff And You Get It At your Place ,Ebay India Demands That you go to the website and tell them you have recieved it ,As you are a international customer and not native to india this facility does not come on your screen and hence you cannot do that .Well then i have to wait for months to get that money back ,you explain me how resonable is that  .True You Would Like Protection Of Your Payment And See if i Am Not a Fraud .As a Customer Its your Right And For That i Have a Simple system In My Website  .I Accept Paypal and You Just Have To Order From My Website and the Order Remains In Pending stage .I See if i can get the product and i then add shipping to your place manually and approve the order ,Once you pay i ship ,So Very Simple ,I Have Done More Then 6400 Orders Now On My Retail Website Called www.lynx-india.com .Secondly i would like to add that lister is basically a love / passion for me  . 
Regards

Bottleveg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 06:59:40 PM »
Hello Amarbir,
One of the problems you will find is that there is a difference between some of the Indian and British parts. One example is the 8/1 rings you have listed (3x1). These will fit the Indian made 8/1 but the British engine has a larger top ring.

Bottleveg ,
    I Agree To That Believe Me thay have so many models of everything not only castings  ,If someone can show me what they want i can hunt that down .Why do you people need castings ? . Are the original once having issues .Well We Can Always Hunt Fro Stuff For Friends Like You Whatever you like  .I Would Like To Have a Original Lister CS .I Hope Someone in UK Can Sell Me One .Well You Are Getting vasantbrass products in uk cos some so called dealer might be importing it from them and selling them ,I gurranty you that there are far superior people and material in my country  .

Hello Amarbir,
The main casting that suffers in the UK is the cylinder. It cracks due to coolant water being left in the engine during freezing temperatures.
Here again there is a difference. The UK Lister has seven studs that bolt the cylinder head down.
Other castings are broken through misuse or lost. And then there is the occasional crank failure that cracks a few castings.

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2011, 04:26:11 AM »
Hello Amarbir,

Bottleveg ,

Hello Amarbir,
The main casting that suffers in the UK is the cylinder. It cracks due to coolant water being left in the engine during freezing temperatures.
Here again there is a difference. The UK Lister has seven studs that bolt the cylinder head down.
Other castings are broken through misuse or lost. And then there is the occasional crank failure that cracks a few castings.

Well,
 Got That So You Are Saying That The Lister CS Has Some differences Then The Indian Lister In Cylinder Also .Can You Folks Click a Photo And Show Me then Might Be i can hunt it down .I would like to explain to you folks that the lister i restored of my late father Sardar raghbir singh badal is actually very different then the normal listers being sold around and i have seen ,its more like a lister CS iMHO .
Regards

Bottleveg

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2011, 08:41:55 AM »
I found this photo. Looks a bit like my workshop.  :D
http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Misc/ListerCinderford.jpg
It doesn’t give a very good representation of a cylinder but I thought it would be interesting.
The photo shows a type of cylinder that started to be used in the late 50’s, with exposed main studs.
The UK cylinder has the four main studs screwed into the crank block but also has another three smaller ones screwed into the cylinder, so it has seven studs to hold the head down.

cgwymp

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »
The UK cylinder has the four main studs screwed into the crank block but also has another three smaller ones screwed into the cylinder, so it has seven studs to hold the head down.

The 8/1 Listeroid I got from Gary at DES has the same stud arrangement and the cylinder is unsleeved. Therefore /someone/ in India is making castings like this. Whether it's a perfect drop-in replacement on a Genuine engine, I couldn't say....
Listeroid 8/1

Bottleveg

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2011, 06:33:32 PM »
Yes they are being made in India. Also chrome or plain bore.
Thanks for pointing out they are un-sleeved, like the original, I forgot that bit.

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2011, 07:12:33 PM »
I found this photo. Looks a bit like my workshop.  :D
http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/Misc/ListerCinderford.jpg
It doesn’t give a very good representation of a cylinder but I thought it would be interesting.
The photo shows a type of cylinder that started to be used in the late 50’s, with exposed main studs.

Well,
 From This Picture I Could Not Understand Or See Those 3 Small Nuts To Referred Too
Regards

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2011, 07:14:17 PM »

The 8/1 Listeroid I got from Gary at DES has the same stud arrangement and the cylinder is unsleeved. Therefore /someone/ in India is making castings like this. Whether it's a perfect drop-in replacement on a Genuine engine, I couldn't say....

Sir ,
 Could You Explain Me The Meaning Of " Cylinder Is unsleeved " ? . Once i Could See a Pic i could tell you folks if its actually here in india and can i get it
Regards

Amarbir[India]

• Indianlisteroid
    • View Profile
    • The indian Listeroid
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2011, 07:16:28 PM »
Yes they are being made in India. Also chrome or plain bore.
Thanks for pointing out they are un-sleeved, like the original, I forgot that bit.

Sir ,
 I Also Asked Sir To Explain Me More About This  .Are You Talking About The Cylinder Liner in This Section of The Lister .You Mean To Say its Chrome And Plain Bore .Chrome Means its of chrome ,Does plain bore mean it of some inferior metal them chrome .Do explain me about unsleeved and sleeved
Regards

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2011, 08:01:26 PM »
Well every lister has a dipper right  .

" .Also What You Mean By "xyz'ers offset idler bolts" .Well In India We Have Great Gaskets But No One Bothers To Send Or Export Quality here ,Same On People .True If you Assemble a engine From quality Parts There will be no regrets and i confirm this ,I have experienced this myself  .

XYZER dippers are hollow forcing extra oil to rod bearing.

The camshaft idler gear (#45) is bolted to the case with the cam idler bolt (#44) also holding the tapered roller bearing main housing. 

The offset bolt was designed to correct the incorrect location found on all "Listeroids" of the Idler bolt causing excessive gear train backlash.

Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA