Puppeteer

Author Topic: Danger engine damage  (Read 92937 times)

DRDEATH

• View Profile
Re: Danger engine damage
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2011, 10:53:44 AM »
Brett what are you doing awake already. I have 2 more hours until I get to go home. I just want to keep Bob and now you company. LIL
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2011, 10:54:31 AM »
spencer,

if you are so friggin brilliant, answer me one simple question

why did it take you 1700 hundred hours to determine that wmo was bad for
your engine?

at approx 1700 hours you report that the engine was completely worn out,
its hard for me to imagine that someone such as yourself that is so enamored with
his engine would have continued to run his engine up until its complete destruction.

you refer to my simple hour or two test as though that is a bad thing, first of all
you have no idea how many hours i have had this engine running on the test bed, second i am running it in a tightly controlled manner and if i found any signs of distress i would be stopping and finding out why.

i don't understand why you would continue to run an engine on a fuel that was rapidly wearing out your engine unless it was either acceptable or you had no clue
that there was a problem until it was too late. i suspect that the latter was the case, and if so you probably never so much as lifted the head to decarbon or do anything until such time as it wouldn't start properly or couldn't carry the load any longer.
then you found a trashed engine, and like many folks these days it is far easier to blame it on anything but ones own neglect.

something just doesn't smell right, and i am pretty sure it ain't my feet.

bob g

otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2011, 10:57:31 AM »
Did you go to college and take chemistry or biology. Was there ever a time that the information you recorded from one experiment was ever considered FACT. I don't think so. Not in the UK and not in the USA. You run numerous experiments to prove a FACT. This is no different.

The problem is the dismissal of the fact that burnt WMO produces a white ash  That's the first thing that can be googled
The next thing is the dismissal of shear volume of ash produced
Also the dismissal that the ash is abrasive
The over looked fact that the wear is so rapid reducing the engines life to way less than a quarter.

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2011, 11:12:05 AM »
spencer,

if you are so friggin brilliant, answer me one simple question

why did it take you 1700 hundred hours to determine that wmo was bad for
your engine?

at approx 1700 hours you report that the engine was completely worn out,
its hard for me to imagine that someone such as yourself that is so enamored with
his engine would have continued to run his engine up until its complete destruction.

you refer to my simple hour or two test as though that is a bad thing, first of all
you have no idea how many hours i have had this engine running on the test bed, second i am running it in a tightly controlled manner and if i found any signs of distress i would be stopping and finding out why.

i don't understand why you would continue to run an engine on a fuel that was rapidly wearing out your engine unless it was either acceptable or you had no clue
that there was a problem until it was too late. i suspect that the latter was the case, and if so you probably never so much as lifted the head to decarbon or do anything until such time as it wouldn't start properly or couldn't carry the load any longer.
then you found a trashed engine, and like many folks these days it is far easier to blame it on anything but ones own neglect.

something just doesn't smell right, and i am pretty sure it ain't my feet.

bob g

bob,
Your the one who bangs on about proper testing and writing down result, you love that sort of way of going about it where as I am more hands on and less theory

But for you to dismiss my findings as not accurate is not on.AT LEAST I HAVE AN HOUR METER FITTED AND YOU HAVE NOT that's not very scientific or accurate.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 29, 2011, 11:16:37 AM »
I can see when I wake up that I will have to muddle through 20 pages because someone continues to quote everything someone says. I guess he feels that we are not able to read it then remember it. CRIKEY

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 29, 2011, 11:24:23 AM »
spencer, you spin faster than the cartoon tazmanian devil

round and round you go, and where you stop everyone knows,, right back with the
same old song.

boreing!

as for hour meters???  well now i am proud of you, you have an hour meter!
cool!

where did you conclude that i haven't an hour meter?

interesting fellow you are, very interesting indeed.
your circular logic fascinates me in a weird sort of way.

i am really sorry you destroyed your engine Spencer, i would suggest you should stick with well filtered pump diesel. and put away enough reserve to carry you and your family through if the crap hit the fan. yes i think that is the most appropriate thing for you to do, at least until others have sorted out what the root cause to your failure might have been and come up with ways to mediate the problem.

yes...stick with pump diesel
and you might think about buying a modern engine with automation so that it can warn you when it needs service and attention.

you might even consider getting a full service leased generator, with insurance so that
any problems are covered and handled by someone else.

that would probably be the best all around solution for you.

bob g

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 29, 2011, 11:32:51 AM »
Bob I seem to be getting my second wind. Is your hour meter one of those new necular meters good to the 1/10000000000000 of a sec. LOL LOL LMAO

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 29, 2011, 11:34:10 AM »
bob,
All I wanted to do was tell people want I have found from experience and talking to other people and research
If these facts where there for me to read 2 years ago then I would not be here to day
If this post stops other people from reading misinformation on the subject and they under stand all the pit falls then this can only be a good thing right?
I wish that the problem with abrasive ash was not there and then I suppose every one would be using it as diesel fuel  but then WMO would have a value, and the fact it's not commercially processed in to diesel is some indication of the costly problems involved in it's chemical make up.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 29, 2011, 11:45:14 AM »
Spencer

fair enough!

bob g

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 29, 2011, 11:45:30 AM »
bob and DD,
You only read the bits you like and I have not posted other peoples thoughts and theory
Why did you both not post your long term results and factual information on this subject before?  We all know you have no long term testing and DD has not even got his Lister yet which bob thinks are not as good as his CHINESE copy.

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 29, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »
Please do not take any of the posts to personally
We all have a common interest
I will do a video and put it on youtube and post the link.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 29, 2011, 12:03:06 PM »
Spencer actually I do have some Lister's.  I had a 24/2 that I sold to generate money for buying some engines in the UK. I have a 6 hp aircooled Petter which it will be used for experimenting with WMO and natural gas. Then I have my little pink petter for breast cancer which will run on WVO at shows.My goal from this post is to see the best possible way I can use WMO then use it on my engines I am getting from the UK. So you are right my input is from reading and more reading and listening to all aspects. I told you in a PM I really thought you had a great deal to share but you become stuck on just one thing. It cant be all bad. DD

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 29, 2011, 12:23:57 PM »
Spencer actually I do have some Lister's.  I had a 24/2 that I sold to generate money for buying some engines in the UK. I have a 6 hp aircooled Petter which it will be used for experimenting with WMO and natural gas. Then I have my little pink petter for breast cancer which will run on WVO at shows.My goal from this post is to see the best possible way I can use WMO then use it on my engines I am getting from the UK. So you are right my input is from reading and more reading and listening to all aspects. I told you in a PM I really thought you had a great deal to share but you become stuck on just one thing. It cant be all bad. DD

Hi DD,
I'm thing 24/2 is a Listeroid right? ,6 hp Petter is probably a PH1 ,I like my Petter PH engines and have 4 of them, only my opinion but 50/50 mix they still fouled up there injector tips.WVO I would love to use and works very well but just to had to get as every ones after it.Just my opinion but I would not run WMO in your lovely Listers but use it in a wet lined roid as parts are cheap and easy
 to replace.

Spencer

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 29, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »
Spencer my 6hp is one weird looking engine. It has to flywheels plus the fan. I have never seen anything like it. Yes the 24/2 was a roid. I hate to think I would have to use regular diesel in my other engines but if I do I will do that. I will not screw them up if a solution cannot be found. I am worried the VA will not get hot enough anyway. As for the CE it will be the work horse. I plan to power the shop in place of the twin I got rid of. I will be able to control the temp on it. I suppose if I have to use regular diesel I will at least be able to buy off road diesel and save the road tax. I still want to incorporate natural gas since it is cheap.

This is nice that we can visit and discuss without there being arguing. Lets try to keep it that way. DD

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 29, 2011, 12:42:50 PM »
Please go to youtube and type in Lister CS WMO and click on the video with the user name of taliespencer
I have 7 videos and one of them clearly shows the white ash that I keep talking about.
It's the video marked as Lister cs 6/1 som part 2 that shows the white ash on a exhaust joint and the exhaust exit also which is showing how clear the exhaust gases coming out are.
I will post a new video about the ash soon.

Spencer