Author Topic: GM90 order for spring  (Read 11393 times)

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
GM90 order for spring
« on: November 29, 2010, 04:32:13 PM »
For Canadian Members...

The second batch of engines is now sold.
I am now taking orders for the next shipment (spring 2011 arrival).
NEW to this batch will be the electric start models.

Engines will be ordered on a reserve basis so book yours now if you want one in spring.
http://www.energymachines.ca/index.htm

PS: Cannot ship to USA  :-(

veggiefuel
GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: GM90 order for spring
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 02:08:46 PM »
I saw your fuel line kit, good idea....

Sugestion:
You could probably make up a kit for less money using hoses and fitting at a hydraulic shop.
Japanese engines typicaly use BSP.....
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 02:59:28 PM »
I saw your fuel line kit, good idea....

Sugestion:
You could probably make up a kit for less money using hoses and fitting at a hydraulic shop.
Japanese engines typicaly use BSP.....

Hi Doug,

Typically, hydraulic hoses cannot tolerate Biodiesel. The hose I use is more expensive with a Viton liner and is compatible with all fuels.
(Unfortunately is costs $1.00 per inch)

veggiefuel
GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2010, 03:26:49 PM »
I don't know about that biodiesel thing, but the fittings and hoses they have are cheap and you get all kinds of choices.
You can even improvise and use JIC fitting with flared steel tube ( something I have done ). Or you can use some of their adaptors and convert from BSP to NPT.

YA send me a PM ( buisy right now ) and I'll show you some tricks to make steel lines a hell of a lot cheaper than the Vitron your using.

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 03:48:35 PM »
Got this PM:

"Doug, Reading your offer to show Veggiefuel some tips/tricks for metal lines.. Care to share them with me too?Thanks"

JIC fittings are like any other compression fitting and steel or copper lines can be fitted to them just as easy as you would any other type of fitting. The trick to working with steel is to heat the line up as you do a flare.

The metal work hardens very easy so start your flare heat the metal and allow it to cool then flair again. The angle of the flare is different so using a standard flare tool will not work ( but might be OK to start a flare ).

I use the fittings themselves I hold the nut in a vice and tap the line the cone to stretch the line is the tapered end of another fitting ground on a grinder so it slides into the nut....
How do I keep the line from crushing?
Find a piece of copper wirte that will fit into the steel line so you can exert some presure in out without crushing it ( works good for shaping steel lines as well ).

You can also silver solder things to the steel line to make for an example an emergency repair.

The thing is you need to play with it to figuere out how to shape and formn the lines and its usualy easier to start by using copper.

You can make just about any line you like this way but you need to tinker and practice.

For a box of doughnuts most hydraulic shops will let you have just about all the scrap fitting you like to practice with and most autoparts places will have different size steel lines to practice on.

Word of warning these home made lines are not rated for high presure injection systems. That does nt mean they would work but you are responsible for your own safety.

So get some lines, fittings and ( JIC, Banjo ect ) and experiement. One side note copper is much easier to wirk with but some feel this is not the best material for fuel lines.

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:10:04 PM »
For Canadian Members...

The second batch of engines is now sold.
I am now taking orders for the next shipment (spring 2011 arrival).
NEW to this batch will be the electric start models.

Engines will be ordered on a reserve basis so book yours now if you want one in spring.

PS: Cannot ship to USA  :-

I wonder how long it takes an engine to "age" so it doesn't look brand new when driving across the border?

Mike

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 06:58:50 PM »
How many boxes of parts would it take to just ship a complete kit down South?

Should these GM 90s be tuned up as per George's CD?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 07:32:38 PM »
1 or 2 hours with a sandblaster should do it.. hidden in with some other junk, as scrape
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 09:50:51 PM »
I don't think a person would have any problems bringing 1 or 2 of these across the border. I think a truck load might might be another problem. Those boarder agents have other things to worry about. I hope to scrape up enough to put a deposit in on one. I might have someone else bring it across just because he has a licence to go back and forth. If you are to worried dust it down a little bit. Just my 2 cents. Mike DD
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2010, 01:15:43 AM »
I can't ship them across the border, but there does not seem to be any problem if an individual comes here to pick one up.
Bringing an engine back for personal use does not seem to be a problem.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:36:28 AM by Veggiefuel »

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 05:47:01 PM »
*** UPDATE ***

We have received confirmation that engines can still be ordered until further notice.

I am now taking orders for the next shipment of GM90's (spring 2011 arrival).
Electric start models are now offered.

Info here...

veggiefuel