Author Topic: site down  (Read 3871 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
site down
« on: December 27, 2010, 02:01:59 PM »
i noticed the site was down this morning and checked with the hosting company that told me that we were hogging to much cpu resource. i optimized the tables in hope that will keep them from suspending the site for now. looking at the tables there appears to be about 300mb of informations stored here and we may have to delete some of the older threads.  that or i can move this site to a new server. please leave your thoughts below.

tnx, the admin

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: site down
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »
300 MB is the problem?  What is the total space?  I get unlimited on yahoo mail for $20 a year.  Perhaps I'm too simple to understand.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 10:13:54 PM »
the problem isnt the disk space its they are claiming we were taking up half the cpu usage which makes zero sense. i have been emailing them all day asking for assistance to download the database to move it elsewhere as the export function on the mysql isnt working right. they have totally ignored me so... not sure how much longer we will be up or what will happen. hopefully they will assist me with downloading the database so it can be moved

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
Can any members here download and save all the archives just in case they pull the plug ? At least we would have somewhere to start again ?
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 10:22:45 PM »
i am trying to download the database but it is not letting me. i will continue to work on it and once we have the database the site can be moved

vtmetro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2010, 12:11:56 AM »
Sorry to hear of the troubles. If it's any help,I run a business site and a SMF forum on webmasters.com. Been with them for 7 years and I can recommend them if you're looking for a host. They have an SMF setup out of the box.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 08:20:35 PM »
looks like i have a complete backup of the system as of today so if we get forced to move i can have the site back up in a day or so

tnx, the admin

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2010, 12:48:53 AM »
Good work !!!!!
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire