Author Topic: Wanted - Lister LR1  (Read 6355 times)

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
Wanted - Lister LR1
« on: December 21, 2010, 01:53:42 AM »

**** WITHDRAWN *****

--- No Longer Required ---

Hi all,

Anyone in Canada selling a Lister LR1 ?
If so, please drop me a PM with your contact info

cheers,
veggiefuel
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 05:38:51 AM by Veggiefuel »
GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: Wanted - Lister LR1
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:31:53 AM »
Does it have to be be a lister LR1, as you are restricting your choice significantly.

Listers also made LD, SL, SR, and ST engines in single cylinder format. Whilst there are differences the external dimensions are near identical, as they all have the same mounting dimensions for bolting the engine down, and also share the same crankshaft height, so from this perspective are fully interchangable.

From a weight perspective there is also little difference to choose between these models.

Its a shame your not in the UK, as these later engines still live in the shadows of the Lister CS, and this is reflected in the asking price. For instance last month I went to the local rubbish dump and came back with a lister ST1A, which cost me 10 GPB. It needed a few bits to make it run nice, but its now my spare sawbench engine, which presently has a Lister SR1 engine on it.

These engines are much more robust than the CS, and will take alot of punishment. Or if you look after them they will be as reliable as any CS. If you know where to go for genuine OEM spare parts, they are also freely available.

Veggiefuel

• Energy Machines Ltd.
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 02:20:15 AM »

I am not familiar with the LD, SL, SR or ST engines, but if they are basically the same thing, then yes I would be interested in that.

By the way, for anyone interested, I have a new Changfa R185NM (still in the crate) to trade.

cheers,
veggiefuel
GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 12:47:00 AM »
SR and SL here. Very underrated engines and more easily found in N.A. than a CS.
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 12:11:32 PM »
^ Totally agree with you there, I am all in favour of the explosion of interest in the Lister CS range, as it has kept the price down of the later aircooled Lister engines.

The pick of the bunch would be the Lister ST version  as it is the most powerful producing upto a continous 10 BHP/cylinder(for arguments sake I am not considering the larger H and J range engines). The only known weakness with the ST engine is potential for cracking between the injector hole and valve seats if you wind the injector clamp bolts down too tight, as the head is cast Aluminium.

Listers did make watercooled versions of the SR and ST range in two and three cylinder format, and these engines are usually a money pit if they have being used in a saltwater environment. As they are raw water cooled and rely on sacrifical anodes for corrosion protection. Even with frequent changing of the anodes these engines usually corrode from the inside out.