Puppeteer

Author Topic: Wmo  (Read 169189 times)

AdeV

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #150 on: February 03, 2011, 04:27:29 PM »
Gents,

We're getting complaints again about this thread....

Could we please keep the language civil, and be absolutely clear about what is FACT and what is SPECULATION/OPINION.

Remember, we're all supposedly adults here. Name-calling should be left on the primary (elementary) school playground, where it belongs.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

DRDEATH

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 411
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #151 on: February 03, 2011, 05:43:08 PM »
Well I have to say I have a personal gain for this post. My only regret is I did not contact the person who was trying to sell his Lister with 17,000 hours on it using WMO. I have serious that he exaggerated the amount of hours since he was trying to sell it. I also have problems he would have lied about using WMO oil if it was bad for the engine.
I have about 300 gallons stored up with the intentions of saving money for fuel.  So I would say you are right keep the discussion at an adult level, even though i have been told I need to act my age. LOL
I am tired of hearing that WMO is bad when there is almost no prof. It takes numerous trials or experiments to prove or disprove facts.
So if my remarks have not been positive I apologize and I will go forward. Mike DD
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

DRDEATH

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 411
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »
If facts or even opinions are presented we are all old enough to form or own opinions. We do not need to keep hearing the same thing positive or negative towards thie post. Just my opinion. DD
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

spencer1885

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2011, 05:58:56 PM »
Burn WVO instead of WMO! It will produce a lot less ash.
Will, the tink

--- In altfuelfurnace@yahoogroups.com, "alexhvac_r" <alexhvac_r@...> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
> I run used motor oil home heating boiler. Modified AFG Becket burner with
siphon nozzle setup. The boiler is not of ideal design for waste oil (single
path fire tubes with baffles inside). Need to sweep the boiler each week due to
white powdery ash coating fire tubes or else stack temperature getting to
dangerous levels because of poor heat exchange. Wondering if anything can be
done to extend the time between service.
>
> "alexhvac_r"
>

spencer1885

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »
This an indication to how abrasive WMO ash is ,as vacuum cleaners which are designed to suck dust and last years, only last a few months


-- In altfuelfurnace@yahoogroups.com, Ed Heimbach <supermechanic18360@...>
wrote:
>
> Purchase A filter bag for your cleaner, then the dirt stays in the bag.
> I get about 250 clean outs to a shop vac, before the motor bearings give
out.

AdeV

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2011, 06:30:02 PM »
This an indication to how abrasive WMO ash is ,as vacuum cleaners which are designed to suck dust and last years, only last a few months

Have you tried gluing some to some paper & seeing how effective it is as a sandpaper?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

spencer1885

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2011, 06:36:08 PM »
This an indication to how abrasive WMO ash is ,as vacuum cleaners which are designed to suck dust and last years, only last a few months

Have you tried gluing some to some paper & seeing how effective it is as a sandpaper?
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 ;)


mobile_bob

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2787
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
spencer, you just can't seem to help  yourself,  perhaps it is your attempt
to entertain, i don't know.

most of us don't really appreciate the following

1. restating over and over again your position, with nothing more than your
observations, and little more

2. reposting of the same youtube clip, with the same content

3. posting the same crap all over the forum

4. your use of smileys to counter what you don't either like or want to answer.

5. you inability to answer direct questions, or read others comments without some
sort of reasonable response.

EVERYONE HERE KNOWS YOUR POSITION, EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WMO IS NOT THE PREFERRED FUEL FOR A DIESEL ENGINE (ALL THINGS BEING EQUAL) WHICH ALL THINGS ARE NOT EQUAL. WE HAVE ALL SEEN YOUR YOUTUBE CLIP, AND HAVE ALL READ MOST IF NOT ALL OF YOUR VARIOUS POSTS ALL OVER THIS FORUM.

so give it a rest dude!

when Ade asked if you have glued any of the residue to paper to test its abrasive
quality, surely you understand what he means?  i know you are intelligent enough to grasp the concept of what he is suggesting?  he is asking you in a gentle way if you have done anything to test the abrasive quality of the residue.  it might well be abrasive and wear out things like white metal clad brgs and cylinders of plain cast iron, but it might not be sufficiently hard to effectively wear an induction cylinder.

you have provided some questions, but have not provided any answers, at all!

its either time for you to rethink your position and refocus on qualifying and quantifying the problem, or work toward solutions to the problem, rather than
waste any more of our time regurgitating the same old tired crap.

either that or just go away and move on with your life.

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

spencer1885

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #158 on: February 03, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
Ball bearings not hardened then, chrome bores not hard .
You have not used WMO long term ,you have not done any testing on any of the aspects of wmo or it's use ,but you are an expert on the subject.
Either you provide some factual answers or just go away and move on with your life
This is a forum for every one not just for people that agree with you.

Veggiefuel

  • Energy Machines Ltd.
  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • Energy Machines Ltd.
Re: Wmo
« Reply #159 on: February 03, 2011, 09:19:37 PM »
Don't forget to check out this video.
Just some thing to think about when the snake oil sales man appears  telling you differently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbjQAA8F5rM

Cheers
Spencer

Hi Spencer,

please clarify.

This is a YES or NO question...

Q: Because you found potentially damaging ash in your system after running WMO, does that mean that EVERYONE will have the same  results ?

thanks kindly,
veggie
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:22:50 PM by Veggiefuel »
GM90 engines, Changfa's, Voltmaster Generators, Pellet Mills - www.energymachines.ca

AdeV

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 535
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2011, 10:01:57 PM »
Either you provide some factual answers or just go away and move on with your life

I can't give you answers, because I've not run WMO. I'd like to at some point, probably, so answers would interest me as well.

Problem is, you're in about the best position to TEST things & give answers, but - for whatever reason - you don't want to. I can understand, if your lister is your sole source of power, why you might not wish to test it.

Anyway.... you claim this stuff is abrasive. That means the particles are very hard. So glued to some paper or cloth they should be able to scratch up a piece of steel in no time. If they're not so abrasive, maybe the steel will break the particles down & they'll just turn to dust.


By the way: Please don't get the wrong end of the stick here - nothing I've written above is saying that WMO ash isn't a problem. It certainly appears to have been a big problem in your case. But then, rbodell has run 1000s of hours with no reported ash problem! So... what's difference. Why's he OK & not you? Are you not the least bit curious as to why that might be?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

spencer1885

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 207
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2011, 10:05:05 PM »
Don't forget to check out this video.
Just some thing to think about when the snake oil sales man appears  telling you differently.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbjQAA8F5rM

Cheers
Spencer

Hi Spencer,

please clarify.

This is a YES or NO question...

Q: Because you found potentially damaging ash in your system after running WMO, does that mean that EVERYONE will have the same  results ?

thanks kindly,
veggie



Yes

t19

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1424
  • Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2011, 10:22:05 PM »
In the many years I have moderated here, I have never had so many complaints (even Viagra posters get less) and worked so hard on one user ... so please dont post to him, Sencer1885 will not be answering you here again.

Banned for poor Citizenship
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Tijean

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 208
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #163 on: February 03, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
Just a few observations on the way this subject has played out. The mechanical and chemical aspects of it should have made it an interesting problem but the presentation has made it seem like force feeding; there is the very palpable sense that rejection is not a possible choice. It is also very clear that anyone who disagrees is subject to various forms of ridicule either direct or implied or an attempt is made to hang a guilt trip on them. Simply ad hominem tactics.

There seems an obvious double standard for what constitutes proof. There appears either a misunderstanding or an avoidance of what is a fact and what is an appearance of fact and still subject to absolute cause and effect connection. The arrogance is rather insulting, at least in my estimation. This is key to the acrimony here, and similarly in the threads on importing of the container of engines.

I think it a bit presumptuous to suggest that the forum is for everyone regardless of whether a welcome continues to be extended. I feel that on a forum I am a like a guest in someones house; if I dont agree with the rules for decorum, I find some place more suited to a man of my disposition. ;D
Frank

10/1 Jkson, ST5 gen. head

DRDEATH

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 411
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2011, 02:23:29 AM »
I would still like to figure out why there can be so much inconsistency's in WMO results. If we look at just WMO furnaces there was one instance where the ash production was great and in the WMO furnace used at the Kwick Lube here in Dodge it is a coffee can over the period of a season of using it. Is it strictly temperature related at the fire box? Could it be a difference in oil types? Is it how clean the oil is when it goes in the system. Some educated ideas from people much smarter that myself would help put my mind at ease when I decide what I am going to do next summer.

I will say the Kwick Lube does not centrifuge the oil but it has quite a bit of time to settle from the time it goes into the tank and when it is drawn into the furnace. I am going to see if I can get my hands on some of the ash and see how corrosive it is using it in some grease and rubbing it on a painted surface like rubbing compound. Thank you for this forum. Mike DD
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.