Author Topic: Wmo  (Read 207651 times)

spencer1885

• View Profile
Wmo
« on: December 16, 2010, 05:05:28 PM »
Does not seem to be many posts in general but there is no posting in waste motor oils.
Am I the only person using it to generate electric ever day?
People say they are using it and then they go very quiet.
A lot people talk about generating there own power but 2 years on they are still talking about it.
If your using wmo as a main fuel every day in a generator lets hear about it. 
Cheers
Matthew

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: Wmo
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 05:37:44 PM »
I just got a 55 gal drum of used Delo 400 that I plan to thin with 20% K1 that is about 12 years old and needs to be used up. How are you cleaning up your oil? I'll be filtering through a string filter.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 06:00:57 PM »
If its be sitting that long it should have settle out well.
Just put a barrel pump on the top and pump it in to plastic barrels.
I tip mine through three sock filters in to a oil barrel and them pump as i need it in to a jug and mix it to thin it.
Then I tip it in to the fuel tank which has three more sock filters on the top.
The engine has two extra one micron ten inch  filters before the stock Lister fuel filter.
All the sock filters are one micron.
I have a large holding tank which I get my oil from and this helps to settle out water before I put it in to the oil barrel.
I have had no problems with the Injection pump or the injector.

vtmetro

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 07:04:39 PM »
Okay, be happy to contribute posts if I used it. So any suggestions on where and how to get it?

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »
I would stick to diesel it's easier
 :)

vtmetro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 12:32:36 AM »
I would stick to diesel it's easier
 :)
thanks

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 01:52:50 AM »
Hi spencer1885,

The Saudi family thanks you too.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 04:43:15 PM »
Hi spencer1885,

The Saudi family thanks you too.

Casey

What does that mean?
It's free

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 04:51:03 PM »
That confirms it just talk and no action.
There's no point in putting some wmo in just to try it or talking about how to cleaning it.
It works and is easy to clean but that's nothing to do with long term use as a sole fuel.
Where are the people using it every day?

vtmetro

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 06:05:22 PM »
I suppose if you're using it every day, and don't want to help others with information, you probably have an answer to your question.

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 06:26:47 PM »
I suppose if you're using it every day, and don't want to help others with information, you probably have an answer to your question.

You asked where do you get WMO from.
If you can't work out that bit then there's no hope for you.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 06:33:42 PM »
Hi spencer1885,

I guess I misread your
I would stick to diesel it's easier.
to mean that diesel is a better choice.  And please don't read anything into my phrase other than a poke in the ribs schoolboy joke.  I really read your "diesel is easier" as a joke as well.

I'm setting up my WMO tank this weekend.  A little of this and a little of that and first thing you know I'll have some ammunition in the war against the Saudis.  The weapon is still a two year program but I will be getting in their way as much as I can.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

spencer1885

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 06:41:07 PM »
Hi spencer1885,

I guess I misread your
I would stick to diesel it's easier.
to mean that diesel is a better choice.  And please don't read anything into my phrase other than a poke in the ribs schoolboy joke.  I really read your "diesel is easier" as a joke as well.

I'm setting up my WMO tank this weekend.  A little of this and a little of that and first thing you know I'll have some ammunition in the war against the Saudis.  The weapon is still a two year program but I will be getting in their way as much as I can.

Casey

Nice one ;)

vtmetro

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 02:43:05 AM »
I thought you might have some personal tips or insights to share. Let me give you an example what I mean.

If someone asked me about where I get aluminum for casting I'd tell them the last batch I got of over 100 lbs was from a marine engine dealer. The repair shop gave me a barrel full of pistons, and some broken outdrive cases for ten bucks. I showed them some pix of a lathe I'd built and a milling attachment, and they were happy to help me out.

Now I figure somebody asking me that probably already knows they could buy it at a scrap yard, or melt down an old broken lawn chair, but they might not have thought of an marine dealer, so that's what they were asking -- was there some experience that I had in finding it they might not have thought of -- a personal tip.

Of course you don't have to do that if you don't want to. No problem. Have a nice day.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 06:34:46 AM »
Oh!  Sorry, I was having too much fun to bare down on the subject.

Hi vtmetro,

I get mine out of the bottom of my engine.  It's really neat.  I put a pan down there and let the old dirty stuff drain out before I put the new stuff in.  I just changed the hydraulic oil in my tractor and the same program seems to have worked. 

I encourage a couple of people to change their oil here using the a fore mentioned system.  The fellow that OK'd the WVO pickup program at the local greasy spoon has five years of oil saved in his garage.  Just talking to folks about what my hobbies are. 

You know those oil dump places.  I think they might share their oil with you.  I don't think they get paid for their ecological efforts but rather do it because its the right thing and maybe people will learn to drive to their businesses.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator