Puppeteer

Author Topic: 12/2 Listeroid & 10kw with parts, 3hp Changfa & 2kw package $2500  (Read 3517 times)

ArtP

• View Profile
Hello All,

I am new to this forum as I use to use Georges forum, but it is getting little use nowadays.

My family is going to continue our off grid living, but we are going to go w/o electricity all together. We are planning to move soon, and are selling a couple of our engines, as we will not need them.

First is a 12/2 Ashwemeg listeroid. I got it from Joel K afew years ago, and it was our main power source at our off grid home for over four years. I ran every kind of waste oil I could as fuel, but the majority was WMO, but used WVO, trans fluid, hydraulic oil. It was running when I took it out of service several months ago, but was in need of liners and rings as it was consuming some oil. The liners are worn and need replaced. I lost a rod bearing once and the rod journal on the start side has been turned .010.  I have a few misc parts with it like an extra set of heads, an extra bronze idler, a new injector and a XYZer offset idler bolt. I have a glowplug installed in the engine. It is on a wood frame and serpentine belted to a 10kw st generator head. I have used two different pulleys, and both come with it, one runs the engine at 600rpm, the other at 650. The generator has always worked flawlessly, but the slip rings do have some wear. The engine and generator have just over 17k hours. The engine has sat outside for the few months (drained of all coolant) and the rings are siezed to the liners.

The other engine is a 3hp changfa that was belted to a 2kw generator. It worked well until it blew a head gasket.

I have two other engines that will come with the others, a Mercedes om636 and a Hatz 2G40, it needs an injection pump (pricey at $600).

The engines are in Monticello Ga, south of Atlanta, and will need to be picked up there.

My email is art.parson@yahoo.com

Thanks
Art Parson