Author Topic: Container Shippment  (Read 29960 times)

Jetpilot

• View Profile
Container Shippment
« on: October 11, 2010, 01:20:12 PM »
I have some pictures of a Lister SOM that is being restored.  If you want one, get with DRDEATH.  He is doing the container shippment. I tried to post them here, but I just haven't figured that out yet, so go to my gallery to view them.  It is under Derek Curlee.

Derek
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:30:27 PM by Jetpilot »

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Container Shippment
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 10:14:07 PM »
Here are the pics, sign me up!!

Collector and horder of about anything diesel

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »
If you don't mind me asking "I have some pictures of a Lister SOM that is being restored" Is this an engine that is being rebuilt for you in the UK, prior to shipping to the US?

Is your engine being rebuilt with genuine or Indian parts? because if your using Indian parts would it not be cheaper to source them in the US, and rebuild it yourself.

The reason I ask is because I would like to know is because, does this engine not fall foul of the EPA regulations which have all but stopped importation of complete Listeriod engines. Or is it exempt in some way because it was manufactured way before the EPA legislation came into effect.

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 02:03:59 PM »
These are pics of the engines that a certain individual is rebuilding in the U.K.  I didn't ask if he is using genuine Lister parts, but these are genuine Lister blocks for sure.  I will find out about any parts being used.  I'm not getting the SOM, thses were just some pics to let everybody see the detail this individual puts into the engines as they are being rebuilt.  I am not 100% sure about the EPA regulations, but it is my understanding these are exempt because they can be classified as antique engines. 

Derek
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:28:24 PM by Jetpilot »

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 06:45:43 PM »
Looks good enough to me.  Actually it looks perfect.

So let me be the Wanky Yanky and ask the big question.  How much will something like this sell for in your area of the UK?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Bottleveg

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 08:40:26 PM »
Perfect!! Na, it’s got greasy finger marks under the oil feed pipe and that carpet needs vacuuming.

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 11:57:11 PM »
I'm with bottleveg!  Doesn't it bother anyone else that the lighting for these pictures could clearly have been done much better with a defuser instead of the direct incandescent lighting.... sheesh  ;D
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 10:36:35 PM »
Ok, here is some info and a copy of what the person doing these engines sent me about parts used in the rebuilding of these Listers.

"The answer is this. All the parts are genuine Lister, wherever possible. Some parts, such as castings, are no longer available but I have a stock of most of these. Other castings, such as cylinders, would have to come from India, it's the only place left. The SOM parts are not  actually available in India!
Contrary to popular belief, Lister didn't make all the parts for their units themselves. Fortunately some of their UK suppliers are still in business and I'm able to buy batches from them. Some parts I have to have specially made in the UK and France. Others, including gaskets, come from the far east, but they are good regular quality."

He also informed me that regulations apply to engines manufactured after 1986, so these that he does are good to go.  He includes paperwork to prove it also.

Derek

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2010, 06:28:42 PM »
Casey Mark is not going to have to worry about what his engines will sell for in the UK. So far people in the US are keeping him busy. These engines are like winning the lottery over here. I suppose we might let Mark sell one or two over there. You know us Yanks. Give us an inch and we take a mile. Peace form the US. Mike DD
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

Lister Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2010, 04:41:18 AM »
 To bad the container wasn,t coming to Canada. i was looking for a 12-2 startomatic. o well we can all dream. Lister Rob.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 12:52:19 AM »
Rob I was told you would have a better chance finding Big Foot than a twin startomatic.  DD

Lister Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »

There are a number of 6-1 s here and a few 12-2 s but finding one in hidding may be hard to find. i came across a fan cooled 6-1 or thought it was and seen a few fr1 s.  As for the big foot i have one of them but it is not putting me in the right direction. Lester Rob.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 03:33:33 PM »
Rob as for the container coming to Canada there are engines coming to Canada I believe. DD

Lister Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 03:53:31 PM »
 it would be nice if you could buy a 12-2 on the container but you don,t have it set up that way. do you know what areas in canada these engines might be going to. lister Rob.

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 07:39:09 PM »
Rob I believe there are people on the east side and west side. Mark the builder or mechanic how ever you want to phrase it is very meticulous. If you get one of these it will work and run like it looks. " NEW ". So I guess the old saying you get what you paid for will never be more true. Mike PM me if you need more information