Puppeteer

Author Topic: Listeroids, better than the market or gold right now  (Read 5800 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Listeroids, better than the market or gold right now
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:56:05 PM »
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 01:46:34 PM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

ronmar

• View Profile
Re: Listeroids, better than the market or gold right now
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 01:30:21 AM »
Looks like someone is trying to recoup the money they paid to old style listers...(supposedly a blueprinted listeroid)

I would not call this particular case a good representation of the going price for a listeroid.  Search this forum for "old style listers", and you will find threads such as this http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=4465.0 , if you want some background on this particular vendor...
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:31:36 PM »
I have to admit the ideas OSL had like the heavier bearings and CAT piston and liner are interesting.

Trouble is Andre is so slick and full of it you have no idea what he sold people.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:42 AM »
Doug :did you ever get in touch with mike m.     to see if he could make that stuff for you?

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 12:09:26 AM »
No...
I did some fishing and found that there will probably be some rules changes to the BSP class ( stock chinese clone Honda engines in Kart racing ) allowing the ARC billet alumnum flywheels.

I still feel that Mike making some good iron ones would be more in keeping with the original intent but ARC is selling CNC Billets for 100 dollars and I don;t think Mike could compete with that considering the amount of machining required. Too bad though I'd like to see him tossed a bone like that had it been a viable product.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken