Author Topic: Next project?  (Read 14479 times)

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
Next project?
« on: September 01, 2010, 01:03:04 PM »
In the last 20 months, since my hand accident and recovery, employer closing, and job search.  I have been able to get thru a number of projects in my shop.  Old ones that were lingering and new ones too.  There were the Reid engines, the Domestics, a 12-2 Lister, the Bantam tractor rebuild, two ice cream freezers (Big Mack and Little John), painting of Stronghold cabinets, and others.  I have another one pending but on indefinite hold due to waiting for a major piece of the project.  So what is next?  Still trying to sort it out.  If I have to move it will be a huge undertaking to rebuild the shop.  That is why i have been getting loose ends tied up. 

What is on your next project list?

Bob
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Next project?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:10:43 PM »
We just picked up a 24/2 'roid that needs all the standard preps and fixes. Also am finishing up a DI 6/2 Metro and 5KW on a cart that will be running a couple peices of equipment at our fall show. Then there a couple tractors in the restoration line, the usual winter mantainance, a R180 Changfa needs a job, etc etc etc, we will stay busy.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »
Well... have to put a new Tranny in my Pickup... and find out why the tranny in the Camaro is not working like it should.

I have a Hot tub that is leaking so been trying to get a handle on that for a couple of weeks

Still waiting for the power outage to show everyone how well my roid works... she stands ready, willing and able to get going lol
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 01:24:06 AM »
I have aquired a mag for the 9hp ball hopper and hope to make fire after the mag has had a mechanical rebuild. It will be the engine I show next year. When it's on the trailer IT"S STAYING THERE !!!!
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 05:09:51 AM »
I have a thing for StrongHold cabinets.  Have a bunch in the shop and always looking for them.  Last summer I picked one up an an auction with a nice computer inside for $50.  The computer turned out to be great and a fresh coat of paint re-newed the computer cabinet.  I had in mind that this cabinet would make a nice gun safe.  I do not have one now and ammo and supplies are in my file cabinets.  They need a home.  Today my neighbor helped me get it down the stairs and into a corner where I could move and organize all the shooting supplies into one place.  Made good headway tonight too.  Shotgun shells on top shelf, rifle second, and pistol 3rd.  Lower cabinet has hand guns, cleaning equipment, cases, and supplies. 

Got some things off the floor in my office that helps.

Bob

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 11:27:35 AM »
I have been working on firewood.  Weather has been good and I want to take advantage of that.  I know that will change soon so I wnat to get as much put up as possible.  This wood is for next year.

Bob

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 01:39:48 AM »
We have the Bamfords Z4 about 80% finnished. Waiting on some parts and then we have to build a trolly, uh cart (been on the English boards LOL) for it. We also have a 1939 6/1 Lister to go completely through and another cart to build. That ought to keep us  out of trouble until spring or so.

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 04:42:57 PM »
Butch,
I spoke with James today.  He has your pushrods located.  You should probably give him a call and make arrangements to have them sent.

Bob

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 01:05:01 AM »
Last summer we had a blown water heater that flooded the basement.  That started a remodeling project.  I moved a wall and built another office/workroom.  It has become one of the most used rooms in the house.   Also upgraded the heating system to a high efficiency boiler (along with firewood).  I built the desk and use it every day.  The floor is floating plastic snap together pieces with the center section made of rubber.  Good if I drop something.  No damage.

The blue covered thing is a Dillon 650 reloading press. 

I also got my class 7 FFL and can make some gun parts.

Upcoming projects are a Ruston Hornsby generator set.

Bob

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 12:21:12 PM »
Sorry to hear about the flood Bob but the remodel job sure looks nice. 8)

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »
Gorgeous shop! But all that neatness is a sure sign of obsessive/compulsive disorder.  ;)
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2012, 02:53:49 AM »
Amen Tom!

It would be really interesting to we mortals to have a time laps movie of that room.  I don't think I've ever had anything that neat and clean in my entire life.  Absolutely Amazing.

Casey

OK, I', envious but as Dr. Harold Callahan has told us many times "A man must know his limitations."
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2012, 03:04:29 AM »
Oh Yeah,

The next project.  I have taken an internal oath to not actually physically start any new projects until I have finished off three existing ones.  I started to write five but I'm not really feeling like a life record year.  Does the solar addition count if I only started it last September?

Ride the electrified Polaris ATV.  (3 years)
Refine oil in my centrifuge contraption.  (2 years)
Process a batch of BioDiesel.  (4 years)
Get down to 12 or less oil cubies.  (4 years)
Take a solar heated shower next to the hot tub.  (6 years)
Get the theater wires into the walls.  (2 years)

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245