Puppeteer

Author Topic: Oblong Illinois Engine show  (Read 19489 times)

dcgenbrian

• View Profile
Re: Oblong Illinois Engine show
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 06:39:05 AM »
OK this is truly impressive. That is some extremely nice work. I just forwarded the link for this thread to my friend and coworker. He is a machinist and is also into ice cream makers so I'm sure he will like it. He is also a member of this organization and they have their big yearly event this coming week. There are all kinds of engines here but they are very heavy into steam engines. One guy has a big old radial aircraft engine mounted up with a big propeller on it.

http://www.roughandtumble.org/

Once again very nice work
Brian

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2010, 02:53:59 AM »
I just got home from a hot hot weekend in Oblong.  The 6-1 running the generator pulled the 2 fans that gave us and countless others a bit of relief from the heat.  So many kind comments from you here and at the show.  That is what makes it all worthwhile.  The Listers never missed a beat all weekend.  The Domestics and even the Reid ran perfectly.  We did not make ice cream but sure could have pleased a lot of people with some.  There was no time, we were busy talking to folks and swapping stories.  My throat is sore!

One of the nicest things said was "I have been to a lot of engine shows over the years and have never seen anything of this caliber.  Thank you for bringing it here"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuScMmOahGI

Whew.  Tired.  Really need a shower too....

Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2010, 03:09:24 AM »
Great pics Bob thanks. Nice to see you even took the Domestic, side shafts are interesting to watch. Nice comments make you feel great ! At Cookstown a couple weeks ago I had a guy walk up to the 16 twin and after watching it for a minute pursed his lips up and kissed his fingers and drawing his hand away and said "perfect"....made my day !
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire