Puppeteer

Author Topic: Decoke ST3  (Read 14262 times)

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
Re: Decoke ST3
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 02:57:39 PM »
As I mentioned in my post above, it's better to load the engine as much as possible, at least 75% anyway. The exhaust runs hotter, combustion is more complete so less carbon accumulation.
Battery/inverter set ups work ok, but the one issue that never goes away is the cost and finite life of the batteries.

That Evo sounds interesting, would love to see some pix sometime. Got mine out on Monday for the first time since last October so I have a wide grin !! Even though I've used £60 worth of fuel in just over a 130 miles !!

You do surprise me with your comments about the French, although I did know certain stuff is much more expensive.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 03:13:20 PM by compig »
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

nuttyprofessor

• View Profile
Re: Decoke ST3
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:04 PM »
I've looked into building a solor system for my power requirment and your not wrong when it comes to the batteries, half the cost was the batteries and as I understood it they would need changing after a few years. I've also looked into creating power from the stream that runs through my property but there again I'm going to need a large battery bank to make it worth while. The old Lister chugging away seems to be the better option at the moment except its not exactly economical, I'm running on what I think is red diesel but knowing how things work out here it might be central heating oil or a mixture, should I be adding anything to protect the engine?

My evo has been sitting for about 3 years now, luckily most of the body is ally so its not rusting, I'm trying to find the time to tidy up the body and give it a full respray. I completely rebuilt the engine about before laying it up (spent a fortune) its now producing so much torque that I broke all the spokes on a set of 8 spoke wheels, sounds unbelivably but they were very thin spokes and the tyres/4wd system gripped the road so well that rather than spinning the wheels it found the weekest spot and fractured all the spokes where they meet the rim!

Don't get me started on the french, I've been out here 6 years now and some of the stories I could tell you are unbelivably, 1 example a friend had his horse box resprayed, he was told they'd have it about 4 weeks, he got it back 13 months later and the paint work started bubbling within a couple of weeks, the painters will not put it right. I could probably write a book with the amount of stories I have. Don't get me wrong some of the french are really nice and helpfull, its just all the others with their "It will do" attitude.
Has Anyone else had trouble getting on this forum latly, I keep getting told that the server is not responding.

If it ain't broke tinker with it anyway!
Lister ST3 coupled to Brush alternator
Gravity defying lawnmower
30 year old 1.5 ton mini digger
Mitsubishi Evo 1
And a stunning wife who puts up with all my junk!