Author Topic: waste motor oil  (Read 5429 times)

spencer1885

• View Profile
waste motor oil
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:30:35 PM »
Hello every one,
I thought i would post how i,am getting on.
I've been running my 6/1 for some time on a mix of 3.5 litres waste engine oil to 1.5 litres of petrol diesel waste fuel.
I've run other mix's and find petrol works well as a mixer but is expensive so petrol diesel waste fuel is free and my choice.
I find the injector tip gets carboned up and has to be cleaned, so i removed the change over valve and fitted a blanking plug which can be unscrewed and the injector tip clean.
Since i gave the engine a bit of attention its clocked up over 1200 hours on waste oil.
Definitely high maintenance.
Has any one else clocked up many hours on motor oil.
Cheers
Matthew

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: waste motor oil
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:12:57 PM »
I'm using waste hydraulic oil from where I work and also have carbon buildup on the injector tip too. I just pull the injector and wipe off the carbon and she's good to go. My mix is 1 qt RUG to 2.25 gal WHO.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

billswan

• View Profile
Re: waste motor oil
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 12:40:55 AM »
I run my 10/1 on wmo and so far I have also been lucky enough to also get some old diesel to mix in. I don't measure it just dump some in maybe 15 to 20 % diesel. I have run straight motor oil but you MUST start and shut down on straight diesel when I did that. Had problems one time and did not completely purge out the wmo and it was hell to get everything going again.

I have about 350 hours on my engine and most hours on wmo blends.

Billswan
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?