Author Topic: Transportation Needed for Witte Engine From Portland, OR to Seattle, WA  (Read 10153 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Well I did jump off the bridge and bought a Witte engine and generator this weekend.  The problem is that the unit is near Portland Oregon and I need it in Seattle, Washington.  Anyone going my way?  It's on big casters.

Casey

Oh, I won't be in town until May and I would really like to get this handled before then.  And yes I do expect to pay someone to do this.

http://listerenginegallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=3929

http://listerenginegallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=3931
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
I know.  I know.  I know it was wrong to buy this engine rather than a Lister but it says US Steel on the name plate. 

Casey

And if a child reads this would you please take a moment and tell me, step by step, how to get my jpg photos from listerenginegallery inside a thread.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 09:42:45 AM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

DRDEATH

• View Profile
How soon are you wanting this done? I am delivering an engine to Sacramento then going up to Forks WA to pick my wife up. I plan to do this late  June early July. Let me know. A little gas money would be all that I would charge. Mike
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
Hi Mike,

That's a wonderful offer but if I don't have this guy in Seattle my mid May I'll be under a doctor's care.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

DRDEATH

• View Profile
I could probably do it the last week in May which I am sure would make the guy in Sacramento happier. It would just cost a little more because I would have to go back and pick up my wife later. I suppose I could pick her up on the bike. How much is it worth, and how much does it weigh?
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
Hi Mike,

This model weighs in at over 1000 pounds maybe twice that.  I'll have a better idea when I get photos of the tags and can check with David the Witte engine expert in Oklahoma.  I've had one offer of $200 which I think is way fair but I'm hoping for a veteran that understands this may be more than an F150 can handle. 

Again, thanks for the offer but I'm too excited to wait that long.  I'll be in Seattle the 24th of April so if it's not there then I'll probably rent a small car trailer and go get it myself.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

Stan

Congratulations Casey.....Nice find!  I"ve always liked the wittes.  I heard one run once and they have a distinctly deep throb, a little deeper than the Lister CS.  Very sturdy, long lived.  It'll look good sitting up there beside that water tank of yours.
Stan

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
Thanks Stan.

It's not electric start like the unit that got away here on the island a couple of years ago but the all sealed up concept makes as much sense here as it did when they designed these mostly for oil field work (that's what I've been let to believe anyway) back pre-war.  It's a 1952 model.  I was eight when it was manufactured. Say Hi to Penelope for me.  Don't think for a minute that I'm going to forget my first school boy crush when I first witnessed a Lister fire up and lope along at 650 RPM.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

Stan

Who knows Casey, what with the Cnd dollar on par the the US dollar now, and the housing market in the US being what it is, maybe one day we'll be neighbours  ;)  Or maybe we'll be a little down the road in the dryer area  ;D
Stan

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
Aloha Stan,

You should take those roughy-toughy bad boy Canadian dollars and spend them in Hawaii.  Haven't you earned a break from sub 60 degree weather?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

Stan

Re: Transportation Needed for Witte Engine From Portland, OR to Seattle, WA
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 03:42:27 PM »
Yup, just got back from a "too good to pass up" week in Waikiki.  Spent it being "budget" travellers, eating in some small local establishments just outside Waikiki for less than $50/day for the two of us, and had better food than the "tourists" on the strip could get.  Places like Ono's, and The Rainbow Drive Inn, and Irifune's are all award winning places with amazing Hawaiian food and very affordable prices.  A dish for 2 for around $12, byob etc.

Got the airfare and hotel for less than the sale airfare price itself.  Couldn't pass it up for just a simple rnr experience.
Stan

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
Re: Transportation Needed for Witte Engine From Portland, OR to Seattle, WA
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 07:51:51 PM »
Problem Resolved!

Chuck has agreed to do the job.

Thanks,

Casey
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 07:54:21 PM by LowGear »