Puppeteer

Author Topic: update on "off grid today"  (Read 4179 times)

mikern

• View Profile
update on "off grid today"
« on: March 28, 2010, 08:16:09 AM »
On Nov 18th we went "off grid" using a Fieldmarshall 6/1 and ST5, except for the hot water heater it worked out pretty good. We fixed the water heater problem by getting rid of it. This has been running on WVO since the first start up, and really doing great. I worry about the longevity of the FM, and really want to do this long term, so a couple weeks ago I got hold of an Amish gentleman back east, and ended up buying a Metro 6/1 from one of his partners in Missouri. Unlike the FM which has a radiator, the Metro came without one, however does have a water pump, so I think I'll try the 55gal drum cooler. Just wanted to say thank you for all the feed-back and learning information here, my wife, kids and I wear our "lister tee shirts" all the time, and are enjoying this alot. thanks again, Mike (ps, will be raising out wind gen soon to help out)

ronmar

• View Profile
Re: update on "off grid today"
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 05:30:26 AM »
What are you doing with the waste heat from the engine?
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

mikern

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 02:52:19 AM »
Nothing at this point, the Fieldmarshall uses a radiator mounted to it, the Metro will use a 55 gal drum. before next fall I'll have a couple old cast iorn radiators in the house with the coolant going through them, hopefully that will give me back a bit more return on my wvo. Mike

d34

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 07:13:59 PM »
where/who in missouri?  if u need to u can pm me that info... thanx