Puppeteer

Author Topic: Getting ready for the storm !!!  (Read 5698 times)

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
Getting ready for the storm !!!
« on: February 05, 2010, 07:26:38 PM »
The big snow storm is just reaching nations capital (Washington DC) . the first band of light snow has moved thru & we are preparing for the 28 to 36 inches of snow they have predicted. The wife has stocked up the shelves & I stocked up on the wood pellets. Unfortunately I have been unable to get the 20/2 reassembled in time, cylinders are still at the machine shop having the liners trimmed to deck height. If I had to I could go get them & reassemble it, make a few tweaks to the generator slide & run it as is, but i think i'll just run the screamer if the power goes out. Good luck to all those about to be snowed under.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

Stan

Re: Getting ready for the storm !!!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 11:08:59 PM »
Good luck Scott...keep safe and warm.
Stan

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 11:26:59 PM »
Thanks Stan. I wish Penelope was here to keep me warm LOL !

Scott R.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

Stan

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 12:13:39 AM »
I'm afraid she wouldn't be much help.  I was having trouble turning her over so I took the cover off the sump and took a flashlight to her innards and found some very fine shiny threads, obviously shaved off the side of the big end bearing underneath.  Something I've got to investigate!  ???
Stan

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:14:35 PM »
Sorry to hear that, hope it turns out o.k.  We now have approx. 2 1/2 feet of snow & it's supposed to continue for another 5 to 6 hours.

Scott R.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 06:28:35 PM »
So Scott is it still snowing? I heard something on our news that they are now measuring in feet instead of inches. BURR  Hope you are safe and dry. I guess I am just glad it is there instead of western KS. When we get those snows they come sideways. BIG DRIFTS. Prayers are with you to be safe. Mike
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 06:40:38 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Mike. No the snow stopped last night, we ended up with a little over 26 inches on top of the 3-4 inches we already had.  People north of washingto DC got upwards of 30 inches. plus they are forcasting another storm for tuesday WHOO HOO!! My daughter has only been to school 1/2 of one  day in the last two weeks.  be safe.

Scott R.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 08:21:25 PM »
I bet your daughter is liking that. I'm sure it will change when they have to make up the days. I remember on winter in central KS we were snowed in for almost 2 weeks. It was great until the cold hard facts of having to make up the snow days. This was before schools had all of the breaks they have now. It seemed like we spent half the summer in school. Glad to hear you are all doing well. Mike

Stan

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 10:52:24 PM »
If you want to buy a hardly used snowshovel, I've got a couple for sale cheap.  ???
Stan

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2010, 07:25:43 PM »
Well we just got another 8 inches last night, that puts us above 3 feet (or is that under 3 feet?) wife is pulling her hair out in clumps, everything is closed & gas stations are running out of fuel. the inlaws were with out power for two days & decided not to say anything, but they are back on line now.
Thanks for the offer of the snowshovel Stan but I have two have been very hardly used recently. :D ;D

Scott  R.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 03:48:50 AM »
Scott I was just thinking of you and you family and hope some of the snow has melted. I believe I heard your part of the country got some more snow last week. Stay well spring is 1 day closer everyday. Mike

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 01:25:55 AM »
Thanks Mike, we were on the edge of the last storm & didn't get much (thank goodness) north of maryland took the hit again up through the east coast. most of the snow has melted, a friends wife runs a management company & she said one of her properties had a pile 28 feet high where they had repeatedly plowed the parking areas. she thinks it will take till august for it to melt !! ;D

Scott R.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid