Author Topic: XYZER hollow dipper failures?  (Read 3683 times)

xyzer

• View Profile
XYZER hollow dipper failures?
« on: January 15, 2010, 05:02:20 AM »
Has anyone out there had a hollow dipper failure out there?? I have never had any negative feedback from anyone. There are maybe 75-100 out there. If anyone has had an issue jump in and let me know.
Dave 
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

bschwartz

• View Profile
Re: XYZER hollow dipper failures?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 05:31:35 AM »
I saw somewhere that it was supposed to attract more chicks........
didn't work.
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

Tijean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 03:19:26 PM »
I wondered a bit about how much material would be left between the internal hole and the minor diameter at the base of the threads. Probably though striking the oil would not be a very great strain.  I plan to retrofit the plain upper bearing and the hollow dipper fix when the warm weather comes. I was considering tapping the bottom half cap out to 3/8 16 to get away from the scarce (here) Whitworth 5/16 - 22 of the existing dipper. I know that would be blasphemy to any Dursley purist. Perhaps it is a cure for a non existent problem though if there are no failures experienced.

Edit: woops! should have said 3/8 - 24 tpi
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 10:56:42 PM by Tijean »
Frank

10/1 Jkson, ST5 gen. head

Stan

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 09:52:31 PM »
Harumph, blasphemy I say, pure rot!  I am appalled!  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Actually, I faced the same philisophical dilemma when I was redoing the fuel filter on Penelope.  I eventually went with an off the shelf cartridge filter and a small wooden "bushing" on the bottom just long enough to force it upward against the rubber fitting on the top.  When it was all said and done you can't tell the difference by looking at it and I don't have to send to the UK for the snake filter when it gets dirty.

If anyone is interested in how I did it and what kind of filter I used I can search out the complete description somewhere here on the site.
Stan