Puppeteer

Author Topic: Climate Warming a hoax?  (Read 200384 times)

Stan

Re: Climate Warming a hoax?
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »
Mike, yup, that's why all the trillions of pine beetles are destroying 60% of all the forests in BC.  That's also why 90% of all the glaciers in Peru and Ecuador are going to be gone (that's 90% of their fresh water) in less than 10 years.  yup yup yup  ::)
Stan
btw... I know you are just joking.

Jim Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2009, 12:00:32 AM »
Jim, the earth doesn't lose heat exclusively through radiation to space. 

Yes, it does.

... carries the heat waaay up into the sky and then it radiates out into space. 

Exactly.  All the heat the earth loses is lost by radiation to space.  No other way for heat to escape our earth/atmosphere system.  Convection does carry it 'waaay' up into the atmoshere, but then what?  It has to be radiated out to space - convection stops when there's no more atmosphere.

...just like my box loses heat into the "space" of the classroom.

No, not like your box.  As I stated, earth's heat is lost by radiation, your box loses it by other means.

Your box is a very poor model...  And the results of your experiment should not be extrapolated to earth. To continue to do so is misleading your students.

Jim Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2009, 04:53:52 PM »
You should really read up on the physics of sunlight and how it heats the earth...

I have.  How about you? ;D

Stan

« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2009, 05:15:14 PM »
See reply #72 and then reply after you have read the book.  ;)
Stan

Jim Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2009, 01:35:08 AM »
Does he explain your experiment?

Stan

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2009, 03:30:34 AM »
He explains how the earth's geophysical relationship to the sun works.   Same thing.  Great stuff on the sun's relationship to the ice ages.  He also explains how he has never taken any money as wages or grants from industry and therefore cannot be accused of being a bought scientist as many are.  Nor have I for that matter!  ???
Stan

Jim Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2009, 03:27:36 PM »
^^ I guess that means 'no'?

In other words, you have no further defense of your experiment?

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2009, 12:12:06 AM »
Have a look at this little gem I found while on another site - Army guys talking tanks, bi=Lesbians and tanks

This guy shots down everything Greenpeace stands for
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzkB5DuveDE

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2009, 12:48:42 AM »
And on and on....

CAuse its the thread that never ends.....
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Jim Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2009, 12:50:49 AM »
Top notch stuff, T19.  What do you think, Stan?

billswan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2009, 06:51:22 PM »
Another utube clip that I think is worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uel50vsYwiM

Billswan
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 17, 2009, 10:35:56 AM »
There is a series of 1 hour programmes on BBC2 here in the UK at the moment , episode 3 is tonight.
Now I have been a climate change/global warming caused by man sceptic since this whole thing started but this programme is making me take another look. The main issue that shakes my tree is temperature rise data. The main supporting data for temp rise was from historical readings taken from small thermometer based weather stations throughout the world , with a  few playing a major role as they had been read for 200 years continuously. The correlated data showed no temp rise until the start of industrial activity. This was a principle factor in scientific belief of global warming. The skeptics then tried to discredit this data due to urban heat island issues etc. Then , the scientific community bought satellite data gathering into play and after 10 years of data acquisition they determined that the skeptics were in fact possibly correct as the data showed a temperature REDUCTION.
However , some members of the scientific community were not convinced and suspected some sort of error so began to examine the data more closely.
They discovered there was an error in the readings due to the satellites orbit gradually reducing in height , this changed the readings from the calibrated factor because of the lower height of the readings and the changed time of day the readings were taken.
When the data set was corrected for these errors the result was a measured global temperature increase.
When the graphs of the thermometer weather station readings were overlaid with the satellite data set the similarity is beyond coincidence.

This information is making me doubt my belief that climate change / global warming is due to normal climate fluctuation. Combined with other info in the programmes it's difficult to see it any other way. Presuming the information can be trusted of course.
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

billswan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 17, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »
Presuming the information can be trusted of course.

Yup that is the key, can the info be trusted!!!!

When the data set was corrected for these errors the result was a measured global temperature increase. Makes you wonder if the people or should I say scientists that are doing the correcting have a predetermined conclusion! ALWAYS worries the hell out of me when someone starts talking about computer models. You and I know very well that garbage in equals garbage out. It is one thing to computer model some thing small that can be confirmed by a real man made model after the computer simulations say it will work if you build it this way. But we just can't rebuild the earth in a box and test our findings to see if we should go with cap and tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax tax ................

Like lord M in the utube clip I and I believe T19 put up he said EVERY one on earth would have to go without the use of fire to change the trend, if global warming is the case.................

Of course what do I know I am just one of the guys out wreaking the planet by producing food by agriculture.

Billswan
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 17, 2009, 01:26:39 PM »
Totally agree , trust is the issue.
But then there is the thermometer weather station data set which can be tested by virtue of the diversity of locations and people monitoring them. That would be one hell of a thing to fiddle ! Especially considering that many years of data were gathered before the climate change issue arose.
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 17, 2009, 01:39:56 PM »
Nobody said climate does not change.

the inconvenient part is that for the past 10 years we have been cooling.... its totally screwing up their models. 

So does that mean we are cleaner?  Could be, we don't throw lead in the air like we used to, our cars are cleaner today, with less smog like emissions out the tail pipe.  The Amazon has been reclaiming clear cut lands because of farm failures.  Oh yeah, and the sun has been quiet.

I would be happy if we stopped throwing waste into our waterways, stop buring garbage and burn it (low emissions with plasma), I wold be happy to have all the coal fired gen stations get scrubbers installed.  There are lots of things we could be doing to clean up our act.

Copenhagen is about money.  The developing countries claim they should be paid for the privilege of not making smoke because the West had 150 years freestart.  BS, they benefit from the 150 years with new clean tech that we developed so they get to spring board over the hard times.  The benefit from the drugs we developed, the Internet, and new systems that make life better than the rural stone-age many are emerging from.  this is another attempt at white mans guilt, nothing more nothing less.

If these developing countries would use thier own resources, to buy new tech instead of buying weapons and killing off thier own people (Africa) they would be better off.  I hate to say it but many were better off under colonial rule than they are now as independent countries.  We gave them schools, a public service, infrastructure, and they pissed it all away.  Now they want money, no questions asked.  Sorry, not from me

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...