Author Topic: "favoriting" threads?  (Read 4374 times)

skippytdi

• View Profile
"favoriting" threads?
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:12:51 PM »
Is there any way to do this?
i know this is a stupid question, and so blatantly obvious i'm missing it, so excuse my ignorance.  I've pushed all the buttons, so to speak, i'm just getting rather blind due to this endless winter.
Thanks for the time.
Mike.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "favoriting" threads?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 03:34:32 PM »
i know this is a stupid question, and so blatantly obvious i'm missing it, so excuse my ignorance.  I've pushed all the buttons, so to speak, i'm just getting rather blind due to this endless winter.
Thanks for the time.
Mike.

Click on "Notify", you will then receive an e-mail whenever someone posts to a thread you've set it on. click again to un-notify.

E-mails go through my e-mail server, so are occasionally subject to delay or cancellation without notice, e.g. power cuts, ADSL failure, or - more usually - I've bollixed up my firewall again...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

skippytdi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 02:45:41 AM »
Thanks for the time.
Mike.

Click on "Notify", you will then receive an e-mail whenever someone posts to a thread you've set it on. click again to un-notify.

E-mails go through my e-mail server, so are occasionally subject to delay or cancellation without notice, e.g. power cuts, ADSL failure, or - more usually - I've bollixed up my firewall again...

Much obliged sir.
I've been on a few forums that allowed direct favoriting.  It was a rather easy way to keep track of informative topics. 
I'm feeling like i'm not gonna get much notification on a thread from page 62, if you get my drift. 
Thanks again.

Thob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 02:08:17 PM »
I just save a bookmark on my browser to a thread I want to keep track of.
Witte 98RC Gas burner - Kubota D600 w/ST7.5KW head.
I'm not afraid to take anything apart.
I am sometimes afraid I'm not going to get it back together.

skippytdi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 01:13:18 AM »
I just save a bookmark on my browser to a thread I want to keep track of.

Your right, and i'm not complaining, in case it comes off that way.