Author Topic: Admin - Updated site software with Captcha?????  (Read 2013 times)

apogee_man

• View Profile
Admin - Updated site software with Captcha?????
« on: November 20, 2009, 10:53:42 PM »
Admin,

Would it be possible to get the site software up to the current rev (if it's not already) and implement Captcha?

The reason that I ask, is the site came back up and I was using my preferred login which has a gmail address.  Worked fine for a few days and now no longer will let me in under that login/address telling me I've been banned.

Can we please fix this properly?

This is the only site that I have this problem with and it's a huge bummer to have to maintain an entirely different email account specifically for this site.  The hardest part is remembering to check it since I don't use it for anything else.  It's highly irritating...

I understand why Andrew implemented what he did regarding gmail and he supposedly did it because of the old site software.  However, there must be some other way around the issue because, again, this is the ONLY site that I frequent (and I'm on the web A LOT) that has a ban like this.  Worst case, can't we just upgrade to the latest SMF software and eliminate the whole issue so we can use whatever email account we want to?

Thanks,

Steve
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:58:15 PM by apogee_man »