Puppeteer

Author Topic: Utterpower CD  (Read 6195 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Utterpower CD
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 12:35:28 PM »
I am also fond of the China horizontals however here in the land of banned there is very limited interest in them so far as I can tell. Here in the midwest the primary actual users of them, and Listeroids were the Amish and they have moved on to Honda for small power below 15 HP and multi cylinder kubota and Yanmar for up to 50 or so. .There is a good bit of quality information on them over on the micro cogen site. There does remain a few people who enjoy them as toys,, darn few. I used to buy them used at the Amish consignment sales for pocket change but could never sell any of them thus slmost 2 tons of them went to scrap last summer.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 02:54:19 PM »
but could never sell any of them thus slmost 2 tons of them went to scrap last summer.

AGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Yeah, I know. Never can find anyone that wants things and the minute you mention you got rid of it, 20 people say " I would have bought that off you!!"
Been there done that too many times!

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2019, 11:08:51 AM »
I had them advertised off an on for over 5 years with no buyers, not even an offer. Finally said make offfer or going back to China and still no offers.  15 of them went in the dump trailer and I came home without them and $475 in my pocket.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2019, 01:14:11 PM »

I don't want to know, I just don't want to know!!   :(

I have seen the same thing So many times.  Advertised a bunch of car parts for my father a while back.   All good, quite a bit hard to get but he wanted the space.  Advertised it for free, for a month, not one taker.  Put it all in the scrap bin.
Guy rings up 3+ months later and says I see you have xxx You want to get rid of. I say not anymore, it's all gone, probably on it's way back as toasters and washing machines now.  Guy says you scrapped it? I say yep. Then guy lights up he wanted that and it was a waste and..... I say well when did you see it advertised?, the ad finished at least 3 months ago. Guy says yeah but I was busy and didn't have a chance to ring.
I called him a few choice names and hung up.

Another came in about a fortnight later saying he was talking about some parts a while back and wanted to get them.  Told him they were gone and he lights up too. I said well when were you enquiring about them?
"Oh, last year, about 6 Months ago. " I said well why didn't you get them then.  Oh, I thought you'd still keep them.  I said if you  waited 6 months you couldn't have wanted them too bad.

Of course the upshot is, even when you are virtually giving stuff away to get rid of it, these clowns still think it's too expensive.
A friend recently advertised a bunch of stuff in preparation for his house move. All very good, just wouldn't suit the style of the new place him and the mrs wanted to get all new so it was perfectly co ordinated.  He was telling me how he had Multiple callers saying they would take it and then got annoyed when he wouldn't deliver it. He said he might have had they been local but they were ALL an hour away at least.

On the flip side, sellers can be equally stupid and annoying.
I have been trying to buy a bathtub for a few weeks to go in an outdoor resort style bathroom I an wanting to build.  Mrs and I must have contacted at least 10 sellers through different mediums now.  They either NEVER get back to you no matter how many times you ring or message or they get back a week later and say they sold it yesterday.  WTF??
The otehr one  is you see an ad, put in an offer, get told to virtually shove it then a week/ month later see the price dropped to less than what you offered in teh first place.  Pays to have Multiple accounts on these private sales sites so you can buy without them knowing whom you are as they seem to not respond to people they have rejected and embarrass themselves with.

One thing I'm always amazed with on the net is how it makes one aware of the variance in availability of things. Like this, one mane junk is literally another mans treasure and what is impossible or very expensive to get i one place is a dime a Dozen in others.

The US has so much we can't get here in oz or is worth a fortune but there are a few things I have discovered here are plentiful but hard to get in other places.

So much talk of electric cars now, I say to heck with them! Lets just go straight to teleportation so we don't need vehicles of any type,  just beam yourself or goods where ever you want them to go. I spose the implications of that with a whole load of sinister applications are exactly why it will never be produced or at least not available to anyone but Military.