Puppeteer

Author Topic: Champion generator  (Read 3802 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Champion generator
« on: August 22, 2009, 01:56:34 AM »
I picked up a new Champion 3800 watt generator on trade for some work. I'm told it ran fine and worled fine but the battery charging circ was not functioning. Then a flood in the shop ( that does not seem to have reacht he gen head on this unit ) and the unit was scrapped.

Looks like a simple generator and although the engine would be handy as parts for my mini bike ( don't laugh it was almost free too ) I would like to see a print of this. Does anyopne have any leads on where I can find prints for it? Is it even worth my while I never owned or worked on this brand ( looks kind of like an old Honda )

Doug

Never mind my wife found this for me

http://www.cpeauto.com/wd/2.8kW%20CSA46535%20120-240v%20MS%20DC.pdf

Upon closer inspection of the wiring diagram. This was designed for monkeys to fix. And I was afraid of another horifying Honda brushless set the kind I used to see back in the 90s when carbon brushes went out of fassion.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 02:12:59 AM by Doug »
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

westcoaster

• View Profile
Re: Champion generator
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:01:36 AM »
Campion a costco brand or Princess Auto?

Eather way both outfits have outstanding return policies. In some cases even without a recipt.....

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 03:52:32 PM »
Uhm....

As of Monday I am the guy at the repair depot for both those stores lol.

I havent taken it a part yet ( apears to have no damage or was even wet).
There were skids of them and I looked around and said to the owner. I'll do this wiring job for some of that one of these and one of these lol.The next day he asked me if I would be willing to come in part time come and go as needed and do repairs/upgrades to the shop. They realy pushed for me to take on the gens and power tools. I havent done this kind of work in 15 years and was not eager but they treated great as a customer before and continued to be very good to me while I did my little deal so I accepted their offer ( any thing they have at cost and what I think is a fair rate for piece work repairs and I set the rate )....   
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

sid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 01:38:40 AM »
Doug/ looks like you have found the perfect part time//retirement job/ you may not have to go back to the mine when the strike is over//good luck ole buddy/sid
15 hp fairbanks morris1932/1923 meadows mill
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
1932 c.s bell hammer mill
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 04:51:29 AM »
while you doing this sort of work, check with your local welding shops and suppliers
they have portable welder generators that are always looking for repairs of somesort.

sometimes you can work in trade, cash, or get some nice welders for scrap to repair and resell on your own.

been there done that.

and made good money doing it!

:)
bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info