Puppeteer

Author Topic: Changfa ZS 1115 fuel pump problem  (Read 6145 times)

rford85165

• View Profile
Changfa ZS 1115 fuel pump problem
« on: August 21, 2009, 04:16:11 AM »
Hi we need help with a changfa 1115 purchased new 3 years ago and it has just sat since then. My son started a new project and is using the engine but we have been unable to get it started. He has fuel to the fuel pump but can't get it to pump to the injector assembly. He cleaned the delevery holder ,spring ,ring ,seat and pump element {Plunger and barrel } the assembly moves good but it still wont pump. He tried to remove the pump assembly but it would not come out easly it wants to twist so he tightened it back up. Does the pump just unbolt and come out or do you have to take something else aloose to take it out. Or is he working on the wrong thing. He belives the pump is the problem.             

dieseldave

• View Profile
Re: Changfa ZS 1115 fuel pump problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 05:33:53 AM »

I thought those engines were gravity fed to the Injector Pump?

You may have to bleed the air out.

Start with the fuel line to the I P, loosen off until fuel flows freely, the tighten back up.

Do the same with the line that goes to the Injector. Pump end first , then Injector. To do this you will have to crank engine over so that I P pumps fuel.

Fred

• View Profile
Re: Changfa ZS 1115 fuel pump problem
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 06:00:38 AM »
To remove the injection pump loosen the knob on the throttle and move it back and forth as you try to remove the pump.  The governor fork will then be moved to a position that will allow removal of the ip.  Make certain the ball on the rack is in the governor fork on reinstallation or you may have a runaway engine upon startup.   Fred.