Author Topic: Transfer Switch  (Read 4064 times)

Tijean

• View Profile
Transfer Switch
« on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:05 PM »
How does the Generlink (Genersafe) meter base effectively isolate the generator from feeding the line? The literature seems to indicate generator output effects the disconnect, not merely the effect of plugging the cord in forcing a mechanical disconnect.

The device is a bit pricier than selective circuit disconnects but makes for a very flexible distribution to your household circuits. Also no inspection required which might be of interest to anyone who has had a few "under the radar" added circuits.
Frank

10/1 Jkson, ST5 gen. head

Tijean

• View Profile
Re: Transfer Switch
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 12:11:06 AM »
Thanks, Jens; I see it has a 7 year warranty and wondered what kind of delicate gadgetry might be in it.
It appears here in Ontario the procedure calls for Ontario hydro to pull the meter then a licensed electrical contractor puts on the Generlink base and Hydro puts back the meter and reseals things. No inspection required and I think no permit.

I am presently driving an ST 5 with a 10-1 so could handle perhaps an ST 7.5 later on, so the capacity of the unit is in the ballpark. I see the literature stipulates floating neutral on the gen.
Frank

10/1 Jkson, ST5 gen. head