Author Topic: Yanmar vertical shaft V twin diesel 2V750 Venegance or diesel outboards???  (Read 15553 times)

buickanddeere

• View Profile
  Anybody ever seen, heard of or hand anything to do with these flat V twin vertical shaft diesels? They appear to have been built for lawn mower applications. Beat to death lawn mowers are cheap to purchase.
  We were kicking the idea around of instead of using a Chanfa Chinese V-twin diesel clone. To take the vertical Yanmar, dry sump the crankcase and stand it up properly. Then bolt it to the clutch/transmission of a V-twin clone of a Harley bike.

Plan B is apparently Yanmar  does or used to build a vertical diesel three cylinder outboard motor up to 36HP. Anybody ever seen or heard tell of these engines?

rl71459

• View Profile
When I checked, (asked at a 3 local marinas) I was told it is not legal to operate a diesel outboard motor in the USA.
I know other countries have diesel outboards. I dont know if this is true or not... But if it is how come its legal to operate
in-board diesels.

Rob

torquemada

• View Profile
i've seen the 27 and 35hp yanmar outboards in the states....but they are HIDEOUSLY expensive and apparently are built to order

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Yanmar even makes hulls in Japan....

Buck in you rpossition I would look for the DM950 3 cylinder inline diesel used in the gattor or diesel mules ( Hint "mine mule" any idea where you could go within driving distance and find a lot of scrap surplus Kawasaki mules with diesel engines lol ).

Easier to get 10 hp clone from Princess Auto and use a comet 30 series clone torque coverter ( or a 40 series, salsbury 340 series with a jack shaft kit )
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

buickanddeere

• View Profile
  I was kinda hoping to go with the V-twin for appearances sake on a harley clone bike. The idea has been pretty well shelved for the moment due to other higher priorities.
  Read somewhere that the Punsun clone of the Yanmar v-twin is now called Winsun or something similar.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
John Deere F735 "out front" mower is powered by a vertical diesel.  It's three cylinder.  Yeah, Hen's teeth.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245