Author Topic: Micheal Jackson..........  (Read 7177 times)

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
Micheal Jackson..........
« on: June 26, 2009, 11:32:52 AM »
Dunno if there are any of his fans on here and although I'm no particular fan it was still a big shock to hear of his death this morning. Don't think there are many who would deny he was a huge talent , I find this a sad and premature demise for the guy. RIP Micheal.
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

wrightkiller

• View Profile
Re: Micheal Jackson..........
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »
 ::)

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
Dunno if there are any of his fans on here and although I'm no particular fan [snip]

Nor was I, especially after the child abuse story broke.  However I think he was messed up at an early age.  Rabbi Shmuley, http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1245924935526&pagename=JPArticle%2FShowFull I think, has pretty well nailed what really killed him.

Quinn
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 04:34:34 PM »
i really kinda felt sorry for farrah

here was a gal, who broke out of her stereotype, kept true to her faith and did some good work later in life
and then have a horrible fight with cancer to which she finally succumbed to and then have all the press for what?

3 hours before michael kicked the bucket and then she was swept off the headlines.

talk about 15 minutes of fame!

on the other hand, anyone that at near 50 that can sell 85 million dollars in tickets in 15 minutes is certainly at the top
of his game.

i don't know if he was guilty of child molestation or not, who knows?

at this point it really doesn't make much difference i suppose.

god rest both farrah and michael

oh ya tell ed mcmahon i am still waiting for my publishers clearinghouse check!!!

:)

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »
I was teaching high school biology in 1983.  Between classes this young thing was chatting about Jim Morrison and The Doors being the coolest thing since lip gloss.  I noticed she never used any terms that might indicate that she knew he'd been dead for more than a decade.  People who affect their culture seem to live on long after they themselves have turned to dust.  Michael's music and vids will, and so will that poster of Farrah in the bathing suit.  C'mon, you know the one!  And there are people who still insist they've seen Elvis, from time to time.

Geez, must be a slow day if we're reduced to this.

Quinn
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:07:56 PM by Quinnf »
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

dieselman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 09:05:21 PM »
I must agree he was " a little different", but no one has even come close to his 100 Million sales of a single album (Thriller).

He will be remembered for a very long time I am sure.

Jim
1995 F350 7.3L Diesel
8.3 ISC Cummins
14/1 Lovson (in progress)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 02:43:18 AM »
Only in America can a poor tallented black boy grow up to be beutiful rich black woman......

And Farrah well that's sad but Like all school boys in the 70s I had her poster on my wall.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »
Only in America can a poor tallented black boy grow up to be beutiful rich WHITE woman......

And Farrah well that's sad but Like all school boys in the 70s I had her poster on my wall.

There fixed it for you
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Dail R H

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2009, 03:04:14 PM »
   " And there are people who insist they have seen Elvis" Shoot Quinn,he's got a little place on the river here. I see him at the local diner 'bout twist a month. Ain't no big deal hereabouts ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

apogee_man

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2009, 06:30:32 PM »
I think it's too bad.

Apparently, he was really excited about performing again and the folks around him were genuinely being blown away because they felt like the old Michael was back.

It's simply a shame, because even though he was definitely out there, he was also very talented just the same.  I would have liked to see him live just once to see what the hubbub was really all about... 

One doesn't get that popular, and stay that way, for so many years by not being very, very good live.

Would have been nice to see him get his life back on track and get to a place where he was genuinely happy.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=106000346

Stan

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 01:06:51 AM »
I dunno, I saw him Live in Texas in the 80s, wasn't particularily impressed, have never bought anything he produced, haven't even seen thriller. I guess some were though.  I kind of like Axel Rose better.  Live performances were a blast.  ;D

YMMV  8)
Stan

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 02:39:14 AM »
Thanks for the Fix Andrew that does make more sence...
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 08:41:34 PM »
He certainly could siing but it seems like his greatest achievement in life was making it acceptable to grab your crotch on stage, Sad.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid