Puppeteer

Author Topic: Converting Lister 6-1 to SOM  (Read 20719 times)

AdeV73

Re: Converting Lister 6-1 to SOM
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 09:26:22 PM »
AdeV,

Just to show you, (and probably brag a little ;) ) all your measurements weren't in vain!

Here's a pic of what I made:

Nice one :) I was going to explain on the fuel pawl thread; the reason I used imperial measurements, despite being a child of the metric era, is because the Lister is all in imperial dimensions... so it just fits better.

(I'm still learning how to use the forum, so here's a link to the bigger picture. I cannot get my thumbnails to be click-able like your above)
http://listerenginegallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2523

I use Opera, which makes the clicky stuff easy: just add this to your post, replacing round brackets with square ones: (url=)(img)(/img)(/url)

Then, in Opera, right-click the thumbnail & select "copy image address"; pasting that into the middle of the (img)(/img) tags; then right-click the thumbnail again & click "copy link address" & paste that after the "=" in (url=).

Job done :)

It's similar in IE, I think you have to copy shortcut to get the link address, not sure about the image address.

Took me a day, but it was definitely worth the trouble & some swearing!  ::)
I tried to use Stainless Steel throughout, only parts not SS are the 3 washers I used for spacers. I cheated a bit, I used my old linkage and cut it down to size. To my surprise, it was also SS! Someone must have made it before.

The only think I'm not sure of is whether that metal is thick enough to stand up to the constant pulling it'll get, without flexing. But.... suck it & see I guess. I'm not sure what the original slider's made of, it appears to be some kind of monkey-shit metal. I wouldn't like to try welding to it...

Anyway, thank you again for all your trouble and don't hesitate to ask if I can help with something. (If I can obviously)

No prob :) I'm still on the learning curve with these machines, so stuff like this is always useful to do.

dubbleUJay

• Lister AK,CS,D,G1,LR1
    • View Profile
    • dubbleUJay on Lister Engine Gallery
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2009, 04:11:53 AM »

....just add this to your post, replacing round brackets with square ones: (url=)(img)(/img)(/url)

....The only think I'm not sure of is whether that metal is thick enough to stand up to the constant pulling it'll get, without flexing.

Hi Ade,

I'm using Firefox and will try replacing the brackets next time I post.

I only had a piece of 2mm SS plate, so I made a 90deg bend along the one side of the bracket for stiffness. If you look closely at the pictures you can see it running up the right hand side of it. This makes it very stiff and it doesn't bend at all, even the "springy" effect when you try to twist it is gone, which is normally the case with SS.

NOW, my next project(s):
1) Wire this sucker up to a Engine Controller for automation
2) Run it on WVO with a hydrogen generator
3) Do some tests to see where and what I'm saving with the fuel.

Have a nice day,
:) ;) :D Posted by dubbleUJay[/b]from South Africa!! >:( :( :o

Using: Lister CS 6/1 Gen-Set
Restored: Lister AK,D,G1,LR1

northson

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2014, 01:43:39 PM »
Hello DubbleUJay,
Just wondering if you've had any success on running WVO with hydrogen generation?