Puppeteer

Author Topic: The Crash Course  (Read 21571 times)

clytle374

• View Profile
Re: The Crash Course
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 02:25:51 AM »
Damn the luck.  The batteries in my helmet are dead.  (I know, I know I’ve heard it before but this time it’s a literal explanation)  

Yes, Yes, boys.  We’re inherently good and will do the right thing and will always obey our allegiance to the dollar and society will be better off without governments and other such insidious mental defects.  

To be a Libertarian must you first swear allegiance to the tooth fairy or is it part of the secret decoder ring program?  It’s a tough world and there are a lot of very nasty persons out there.  

And then there are the willfully ignorant.  I took over a farm that had been sprayed with defoliant four times a year by the previous owner and, of course, it looked very pimpy.  I ran into the spray man a couple of years later and he accused me of letting the farm drop down a click or two.  I confessed to him we weren’t using herbicides anymore and asked if he’d rather have his pregnant daughter eat fruit from the farm now or the fruit that came from it the last year her worked there.  His response was “What do you mean?”

Back to the mower and personal therapy.

Casey

Funny, the toothfairy.  Looks like you really don't listen to what Libertarians believe, mostly take pot shots.  Kinda like the Crash Course can't be true since he promotes gold, then you state as fact that he sells it.    

What is wrong with the herbicide?  It has been approved as safe by this large unbiased government.  We should have some regulations in place that you can't advertise as herbicide/pesticide free since that is an unsubstantiated claim that your product is superior.

Hello clytle374,

I'm pretty sure there is serious federal regulation on biodiesel and I presume the plants.  It's a hazardous waste.  Actually waste vegetable oil is also regarded as a hazardous waste.

Casey

The question is should we trust you to do it safely and dispose of your waste in a appropriate  manner?  Or should we make you be licensed, bonded, and pay fees that make it unfeasible for you to do?  It should probably be left up to the professionals. Can't trust just anybody to do it. We surely can't trust that you are an honest and responsible subject citizen. 

And before you blame this whole economic mess on a lack of regulation, please note that regulation by controlling the making of  fake money allowed all this to happen.  It could not have happened without it. 

apogee_man

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2009, 07:49:22 AM »
Ship:

I knew you were focused on tangible products that you can hold in your hand.  That is precisely why I wrote what I did.

What I was trying to point out, is there is a real dollar value to protecting the environment that folks don't look at the same way as tangible products.  I would contend that one is no more or less important than the other, and if anything, the environment should be #1 because from it all products are sourced.

The point is, the real dollar value of the environment is not even considered by present society.

Clytle:

"The question is should we trust you to do it safely and dispose of your waste in a appropriate  manner?  Or should we make you be licensed, bonded, and pay fees that make it unfeasible for you to do?  It should probably be left up to the professionals. Can't trust just anybody to do it. We surely can't trust that you are an honest and responsible subject citizen."

What about requiring anyone who wants to make biodiesel to take a certified course on how to do it properly, and educate them on how to properly dispose of the waste?  Then, have laws on the books that they're told about during class that would land them in jail and financially break them should they choose to not handle themselves and their waste properly...

I would contend that it this would be more effective than forcing production only into the hands of big business.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2009, 09:06:01 AM »
I think you can trust me most of the time.  With waste vegetable oil anyway.  Now with biodiesel I just might forget to send in my road tax forms.

Would you prefer heavily herbicided vegetables over fairly organic ones?  For your pregnant daughter?  I neither like, trust nor respect Monsanto Inc.?  They set among the captains of food production for the world.

It’s not like I don’t understand what you’re saying.  I had about one oz. of toothpaste taken from me at the airport because it was in an 8 oz. tube.  The “responsible adult” TSA person even showed me the label.  That was one of those times when I realized why the people in a cartoon often forget to laugh.  So I laughed, really loud, maybe too loud, but that was better than the big rotten fart I wanted to contribute to this moment in US security.

You’ve got a million dollars worth of prescription drugs.  It’s revealed that they cause heart attacks.  You’ve now got a $50,000 waste disposal bill.  Where did all the money go?  Who got it?

I’ll go back to Chris and listen some more.  He makes assumptions that seem to serve his argument and that I don’t accept.  He sounds very much like a salesman to me.  What is a doctorate in pathology anyway?

Casey
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:06:25 PM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

clytle374

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2009, 02:39:40 PM »
I think you can trust me most of the time.  With waste vegetable oil anyway.  Now with biodiesel I just might forget to send in my road tax forms.

Would you prefer heavily herbicided vegetables over fairly organic ones?  For your pregnant daughter?  I neither like, trust nor respect Monsanto Inc.?  They set among the captains of food production for the world.

It’s not like I don’t understand what you’re saying.  I had about one oz. of toothpaste taken from me at the airport because it was in an 8 oz. tube.  The “responsible adult” TSA person even showed me the label.  That was one of those times when I realized why the people in a cartoon often forget to laugh.  So I laughed, really loud, maybe too loud, but that was better that the big rotten fart I wanted to contribute to this moment in US security.

You’ve got a million dollars worth of prescription drugs.  It’s revealed that they cause heart attacks.  You’ve now got a $50,000 waste disposal bill.  Where did all the money go?  Who got it?

I’ll go back to Chris and listen some more.  He makes assumptions that seem to serve his argument and that I don’t accept.  He sounds very much like a salesman to me.  What is a doctorate in pathology anyway?

Casey

I was playing devils advocate on the herbicide part, our gardens are chemical free so far this year.  I don't like Monsanto one bit myself.   

I agree Chris does sound a little like a salesman and don't agree with everything he says.  But he does put things that are happening in perspective, as well explains many things most people don't know or understand. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathology

Clytle:

I would contend that it this would be more effective than forcing production only into the hands of big business.

I agree too, I just have little faith our leader have such high levels of reasoning.  It would be easier for them to just ban it.