Puppeteer

Author Topic: Question for the Canadians  (Read 41081 times)

Stan

Re: Question for the Canadians
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 02:49:52 PM »
We've got a bunch of unemployed, bored housewives here called the "Be Bear Aware" committee.  They are receiving money from at least 2 levels of government to try and convince people that the bears were here first, and we should all move away so that they can go back to living the way nature intended them to live.

I think they have just never really tasted good bear meat  ;D
Stan

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2009, 01:10:23 AM »
.. or they have been forced to skin one....
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2009, 02:34:30 AM »
The 50 is nice but few places here in Canada will allow you to shoot it here... ranges are not long enough
The .50 Beowulf is not a long range cartridge, it pushes 335 grains of half inch diameter lead at 2000 FPS coming out of the muzzle and it starts dropping pretty fast at distances past 300 Yds.  Technically most ranges around here will not allow .50 caliber rifles either, but they are referring to .50 BMG, I have shot the Beo at all the public ranges around with no problems.

T19 Thats a nice old FAL you have there, I have the Austrian STG58 version and I like it alot.  FAL's are cool but you really can put alot more rounds on target with an AR that weighs half as much and is more accurate, whether it is .223 or .50 Beo.  I know.....I did'nt used to be a big fan of .223 untill I was in the Marines and shot the M16 alot, it really is hard to beat! 

If one of you Brits will bring me a Dursley Lister, I will take a weeks vacation and let you take out as many pigs as you want with the .50 Beowulf.  Hell, you can shoot anything that is in my 50 cubic foot gun safe till you are blue in the face for a nice SOM unit  ;D ;)   

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »
I like the FN... would love a C2, but the C1 is nice too :D

As for AR, well I am fully qualified on the C7 (Canadian M16)... the full auto is nice, but its spray and pray.  In semi auto, the FN and AR will put rnds down range at the same rate.

With the FN, if they are hiding, it does not matter, one well aimed shot... and they stop shooting back :D  You can hide, but your still going to die :D

plus as a club I like the extra wight of the FN :P
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Tugger

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2009, 06:23:58 PM »
Some local news....
http://www.muskoka-news.com/article/136520
Cheers
Tug

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2009, 06:36:12 PM »

If one of you Brits will bring me a Dursley Lister, I will take a weeks vacation and let you take out as many pigs as you want with the .50 Beowulf. Hell, you can shoot anything that is in my 50 cubic foot gun safe till you are blue in the face for a nice SOM unit ;D ;)

Well , I have a 6/1 SOM that will be ready for sale shortly so a deal might be possible !!
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2009, 02:01:48 AM »
Tugger, That old dude is my hero, I mean, shit look at him, he looks like he ACTUALLY made it to retirement, he is wearing an old ratty fishing shirt and he looks like he is half in the bag.  :D  That cat better put away that baseball bat and get a hog leg! ;)

Well , I have a 6/1 SOM that will be ready for sale shortly so a deal might be possible !!
  Bring it and we will terrorize the local swine population!  And now for the tree huggers....Yes it is legal to kill as many wild pigs as you want anytime of the year in my neck of the woods, and no you will not even put a small scratch in the population, belive me I have been trying for years and they don't die....they multiply! ;D  Oh yeah, they taste really good too ;)

Stan

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2009, 04:02:21 AM »
Yup, the only animal that goes wild faster and breeds faster than pigs are rats.
Stan

Stan

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2009, 03:25:12 PM »
You can get a layer of up to 4 or 5 inches of pure fat between the skin and meat on a nicely fattened bear in the fall.  It would be interesting to see how it burns.  It's the only fat that, when rendered down won't go rancid.  You can store it for years and it won't smell.  Something in the chemical makeup makes it different from most other animal fats.  The only other animal I know like that are geese and you'd need a lot of geese to make fuel for your Lister.  ::)  (you'd probably have European animal lovers on your tail too)
Stan

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2009, 09:12:10 PM »
Maybe the animal of the new century will be the Seal Stan. Dark rich tastey meat, lots of fat to render into BioDiesel.

Would that not get huggers squeeling in the EU lol.

I have a different take on fire arms. I like my Enfield but prefer my SKS for thick brush. I am not a sophistmacated hunter and prefer a fire arm thats cheap, simple and can be used a club or roasting stick.

And Oh ya Stan I think I smell tastier than the garbage dump bear was after....
The fine gent from the MNR sho lives up the road ( and chased this [particular bear around with apaint ball gun to try and humanely drive her off ) has given notice anyone on our block drops a bear on ( in the burbs what is this workld coming too? ) and he will come over make some calls and help hush the hole thing up.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:15:28 PM by Doug »
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2009, 07:24:43 PM »
It's all O.K. now. Here in Central Ontario the bears have all gone back into their dens...it was snowing this morning LOL. Oh and hail too...... :'(
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
YA what the hell is up with that?

Snow ? Here too this morning just a litle dusting on the FROST???

And the hale and storm clouds last night were unbelieveable. Little rain but I thought we were in for a tornado for while the way the temp dropped the wind and those HUGE low black clouds.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Stan

« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 02:47:19 PM »
We've had really hot hot weather.  Don't like that stuff in the 30's C.  The only saving grace is that the humidity has been in the high teens.

Speaking of bears.  Was out on the deck last night around 6pm and all of a sudden all the cars on the main road past my house slowed down and stopped.  I walked over and looked down (my deck is 30 feet above the road level) and saw a rather large grizzley wandering across the road.  Now where I live, I could hit the downtown portion of our little town with an arrow from a good compound bow.  This guy was headed for town.  I expect I'll read about him in the local paper soon.  Too bad really.  He is a nice healthy bear but of course is doomed.
Stan

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2009, 12:06:18 AM »
It's all O.K. now. Here in Central Ontario the bears have all gone back into their dens...it was snowing this morning LOL. Oh and hail too...... :'(

DAMNED GLOBAL WARMING !!
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

Stan

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2009, 12:34:21 AM »
That's nothing Scott....I've a pic here somewhere from the late 70's of 11 inches of snow on the ground on June 20th (last day of school).  Kids loved it, most tree branches didn't  >:(

Stan