Author Topic: Question for the Canadians  (Read 41201 times)

mactoollover2005

• View Profile
Re: Question for the Canadians
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2009, 07:54:16 PM »
Now your talking Doug, Timmins should be the Northern capital of Ontario and the North should KEEP ALL its tax generated $$$$, this way we too could have new roads every few years and not a new road every 40 - 50 yrs. ya i know keep dreaming,we cant stop the Money leaches from bleeding the north dry of our resourses and our $$$$$.Its more important for Ottawa and Toronto to have that 6 lane road heading east and west than it is to have a 1 lane thats in decent condition  go across the north,actually its pretty funny when you think about  it, this road is known as the trans canada highway, unfortunately for the most part this road is a joke, full of cracks,potholes that can tear off a wheel even on tractors. Not saying its all bad but for the majority it is.

just my 3cents worth
Derek
Still working on finding a lister gennie.
Derek

Stan

« Reply #91 on: July 21, 2009, 04:08:34 AM »
A little bit of good news out of Stephen's office lately.  They are going to spend big bucks to improve rail passenger service/lines etc mostly in the Quebec City - Windsor corridor but some of it will leak out to the West.  He must have been on vacation and someone else in the office came up with this, it makes too much sense for him to have OK'd it.
Stan

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #92 on: July 21, 2009, 06:50:55 PM »
No threat of Harper looking after the little guy Stan relax he will cancle it.

Timmins is the frozen colon of northern Ontario. A great place to send politiicians. Only the realy dedicated types would stay on and work.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Stan

« Reply #93 on: July 22, 2009, 04:13:25 AM »
I drove through timmins a couple of years ago looking for old friends,  going the Northern Route on the way to Ottawa.  The downtown area seemed kind of seedy.  Lots of nefarious looking characters hanging around with not a lot to do.  Kind of scary at 10 pm.  :(
Stan

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #94 on: July 22, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »
The city with a heart of gold has taken a beating last 30 years but with the uptick in gold prices they are on the rebound.

You want to see a town on rough times Kirland lake has suffered as the mines all closed, but they too are on a rebound from what I hear 

mactoollover2005

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 24, 2009, 03:24:13 AM »
hey Doug if you think Timmins is the frozen colon of the north then what is Sudbury? the Frozen Uranus of Mars, now that city bites, but they sure beat living in the major cities,lol 15 minutes to be fishing,lol. Yes the downtown area looks seedy but thats because the downtown merchants are moving to the west end of town where there is a major boom going on.

Derek
Still working on finding a lister gennie.
Derek

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #96 on: July 24, 2009, 05:08:32 AM »
I live in the less fassionable south end fishing is less than 15 minuts away lol....