Author Topic: location location location  (Read 2832 times)

guyd

location location location
« on: May 11, 2009, 11:52:52 PM »
with no reference to slightly MILFy presenters of property programmes..

where do I site my CS?

Property is large 5 bed old watermill, with three outbuildings. 1 large 50 x 20 shed. 1, 15 x 20 garage, 1 20 x 15 shed in field next to leat.

option 1) next to pottery end of big shed. next to river, possible slight 6" flood risk. 70 feet to house, wrong side to connect to existing power generation of water wheel. heat could be used in winter

option 2) behind garage. no use of heat. as above for leccy and location

option 3) next to house, next to generators. Easy heat connection, easy power connection. Sound sensitive neighbours (nothing betwen it and them, and rural quiet area)

option 4) shed in field. easy to connect power, no heat, no one close so noise easy to overcome.

with this limited information - what would you go for? During winter, we make power with the wheel - summer we will use the lister via the same inverter setup..

AdeV73

Re: location location location
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:01:48 AM »
During winter, we make power with the wheel - summer we will use the lister via the same inverter setup..

Because of that, and your sensitive neighbours, I'd be thinking option 4. You'll presumably be using a lot less hot water in summer, so you can forego the H side of the CHP deal... just use the electricity to heat the house water.

Is there no way you can build an insulated box over the machine to use with option 3? ISTM that'd be the overall ideal solution.

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
Re: location location location
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »
On option 3 what building would be used to house the CS ? What is the distance to neighbours ?
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!