Puppeteer

Author Topic: Transfer Switch  (Read 4611 times)

carlb23

• View Profile
Transfer Switch
« on: April 26, 2009, 05:14:26 PM »
Here is a picture of my Siemens manual transfer switch

Doesn't want to work for me

« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 06:40:13 PM by carlb23 »

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Transfer Switch
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 08:33:56 PM »
Try posting it in the lister engine gallery, we can all see it there.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:24:57 AM »
here is a link to the photos

http://listerenginegallery.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1502

I don't know why i cant post them here i did follow the instructions correctly.

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:06:11 AM »

It looks like you had a manual transfer panel before?  What are the specifics of the Siemens transfer switch(got a web link?)?  What is or isn't it doing?
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:12:51 AM »
Hi Carl,
 I like your set up, did it come with the breaker interlock or was it something you added to thei panel to make it into a transfer panel?

I noticed in your GE main panel there is a cutlerhammer BR style breaker & a siemens breaker, & in the transfer paner there are some square d homeline breakers, I have had building inspectors & home inspectors reject panel installations for this, unless you can show them on the breaker where it says they are allowed to be used in these panels. normally they like to see GE breakers in GE panels & siemens breakers in siemens panels.

Are the pictures of your listeroid old? i didn't see your natural gas supplemental fuel system on these pictures.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »

It looks like you had a manual transfer panel before?  What are the specifics of the Siemens transfer switch(got a web link?)?  What is or isn't it doing?

I had a gentran 6 circuit transfer switch before but wanted to power more circuits.  I picked up the Siemans transfer switch off  Ebay new for around 150.00 dollars.  It is running all the circuits i need and even has a few breakers i am not using.  I don't have a web link for it and could find one when i looked.

carl

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:44:31 AM »
Hi Carl,
 I like your set up, did it come with the breaker interlock or was it something you added to thei panel to make it into a transfer panel?

The panel came with the interlock and the breakers.  I changed a few because i didn't want a 50 amp for my main generator breaker

I noticed in your GE main panel there is a cutlerhammer BR style breaker & a siemens breaker, & in the transfer paner there are some square d homeline breakers, I have had building inspectors & home inspectors reject panel installations for this, unless you can show them on the breaker where it says they are allowed to be used in these panels. normally they like to see GE breakers in GE panels & siemens breakers in siemens panels.

I have had the main panel inspected before by our local inspector when we installed our Solar arrays and wind turbine and they never mentioned about the different breakers so I guess they aren't sticky about that here

Are the pictures of your listeroid old? i didn't see your natural gas supplemental fuel system on these pictures.

those pictures were taken long before i added the natural gas to the engine.  the exhaust has also been changed.
   Scott R.