Puppeteer

Author Topic: Any Conclusions Reached?  (Read 13699 times)

ixtow

• View Profile
Re: Any Conclusions Reached?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 10:46:59 PM »
OK, somebody ranted, lets move on, k?

Do any of these importers have a workable plan yet?  The EPA jive is REAL, not hype.  It's in our way, and I agree with several of you here that are "taking a step back" from ignorant consumerism.  I hate being dependent, and keeping all my eggs in the frail fiscal basket.  I've been trying toi find a way off this self-destructive ride for a long time, and I'm only 28.  The fact that the Government has found yet another way to force this, is grotesque.  But bitching about a fake problem isn't any more useful than bitching about a real one.

Where do we stand, and what can we DO to further our interests?  I don't understand Import/Export, Red Tape, or why I just can't shoot the bastards and do as I please...  ;-)  How can I be USEFUL, what can I learn to fix this, or at least loophole it.

Dail R H

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2006, 04:07:23 AM »
   One Question. Well maybe more than one . Can we still import engines? Will they be available 6 -8 months from now when I maybe have scraped together the price? What's real ,and what's not?

kpgv

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2006, 04:17:17 AM »
IMPO:
If You REALLY Want One, hit it hard on posts here regarding suppliers, and IF you find one in country, find the funds and LOCK IT.
IMPO:
This EPA thing is NO Joke.
Others May Disagree.
"NO Comercial Interest...BLA BLA"

Kevin

ixtow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2006, 08:24:25 PM »
By the time I have the money, they won't be around....  I suppose I'll be left to my own devices.  The design of the lister is a good place for me to start, I guess I'll just have to come up with my own design based on it.

kpgv

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2006, 08:30:22 PM »
Don't forget that guys are arranging to import "Genuine" used Listers from U.K.

Kevin

ixtow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2006, 08:36:45 PM »
"Genuine" or Genuine?  ;-)  I fail to see how the Importation limits would be any different tho?  What does it matter if it comes from UK and it 40 eyars old, or comes from India and is 40 days old?

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2006, 08:40:02 PM »
Because the rules say made after such and such date :)
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

ixtow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2006, 10:11:50 PM »
I see where this is going.  Thanks.   :o

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 10:45:19 PM »
It could be a very dangerous game to play, for both sides...

Lot easier to just import parts and not tell anyone when you make something out of them.
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

kyradawg

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2006, 01:08:35 AM »

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 05:22:06 AM by kyradawg »

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 01:43:41 AM »
Some even grow thier own waky tabacee to save the tax too LOL

of course with the heat generated from the hot water and exhaust and running on WVO to save more you could call it Listeroid Gold LOL
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

ixtow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2006, 06:39:53 PM »
It could be a very dangerous game to play, for both sides...

Lot easier to just import parts and not tell anyone when you make something out of them.

This advice applies to many "illegal" things that said government has no legitimate right or authority to make illegal....

If no one knows that it exists, no one can bitch.  If 'they' know, then 'they' can send 'their' henchmen after you.  Usually to collect a Fine (a.k.a. Protection Money).  BE very paranoid about those who claim to "Protect you and keep you safe."  It is usually only themselves that you are being protected from....

At least for the time being, they still need a heap of evidence to get a Search Warrant.  I'd rather not have my name on pieces of paper that said I imported anything being illegally regulated by an illigitimate government.

It's dangerous to be right when your government is wrong.

[/tinfoil hat] [/soapbox]

650rpm

• View Profile
    • My Listeroid CS Photo Album
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 05:49:07 AM »
Somewhere else inthe forum someone actually quotes the epa rules. I didnt find them  to be anything that would stop them from coming into the US. More red tape maybe.

There is the ISO9001 standard. I dont understand it all but its a WTO standard and the WTO(World Trade Organization) main purpose (idealogically) was to remove barriers to free trade, and WTO rules are supposed to trump goverment rules... like the EPAs...  My listeroid had ISO9001 compliant stamped on it. 

Mike

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 12:05:20 PM »
ISO9000 / 9001 are the equivalent of BS5750, it's just a paper trail showing you can track each individual component for QA purposes.

it is iniquitous because to be certified ALL your suppliers must also be certified.

so many people just self certify
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

guest161

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2006, 09:36:02 PM »
I just ofund this forum a few days ago.  The Government seems bent on wiping out any means of self-sufficiency...  First our guns, now our listers...  this is sad.

Its not just guns and engines gentlemen.....

National Animal RFID tagging...mandatory in a couple of years.

I wonder what's next? Annual "safety Inspections"?