Author Topic: Finally ordered my engine!  (Read 9611 times)

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
Finally ordered my engine!
« on: April 14, 2009, 01:31:04 AM »
 I finally got tired of looking and ordered a Powerline 6/1 electric start listeroid from CMD today! I talked with Phil, and he seems like a great guy. He talked me out of buying a complete parts kit for my engine and said that he would replace any defective/worn parts when I do my teardown inspection. I cant wait to get started ;D

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
Re: Finally ordered my engine!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 01:39:39 AM »
Congradulations & welcome to the Listeroid owning crowd, the next step is to take LOTS of pictures & start your own album in the Lister engine gallery gratiously operated by Marcus Bryner..... Welcome Brother Listeroid Head. we'll teach you the secret hand shake after it arrives! (hint) its a circular motion.

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 02:15:06 AM »
Electric start?  You are going to make a few of us VERY envious!
Now you will own something if push ever came to shove is too heavy to readily pack off and steal and and low tech enough if the thief is fat enough you could render him down for fuel and lubricant.
Regards
SteveU.
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »
Welcome aboard

Carl

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 01:03:39 PM »
Cool , looking forward to your engine diary and pix !!!
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:35:23 PM »
SteveU, so what you are saying is that Barney Frank would actually be usefull for something!  ;) 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 04:53:58 PM by piperpilot3tk »

billswan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 06:23:06 PM »
SteveU, so what you are saying is that Barney Frank would actually be usefull for something!  ;) 

Hey don't run down the banking QUEEN. He just wants to help you out of your money. We all know the common folk don't know how to spend there own money! :o :o :o
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 06:51:16 PM »
Now, now. That is a very narrow thing to say. I am actually much more broad minded than that.
I  was actually thinking of ALL of the fat overfed loud mouthed dream stealing hope crushing buy my video, my tape, my book listen to me, only me modern day just give me, send me your money for the TRUTH ( so you can make me fatter) priests and shamans of all stripes.
The 40 gallon cast iron clam/crab cooker pot is in the front yard cleverly hidden in open sight growing strawberry plants. I figure I just can weld back  up the drain holes my SHMBO made me drill.
"No persons of any Faith, or non-faith,  are to be subject to a rendering process!"  .  .  .  .  .  Yes, Dear.  .  My Queen has spoken.  .  .  so long as they have a sense of humor.

SteveU.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 06:55:24 PM by SteveU. »
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 02:15:35 AM »
SteveU, please start with the Sham Wow guy!  The world will thank you. :D

NoSpark

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 05:02:00 AM »
Great! Another sucker! Just kidding  ;D. One piece of advice, loosen the governor nut 6 or 7 turns before you try to start it. They are usually set to run at full speed (or higher)which can be very intimidating at first, especially if not yet permanently mounted.

For example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlloUwbmsU
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

M61hops

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 11:28:25 AM »
Hi, welcome to the club!  Good investment to go for the electric starter in my opinion!  I saw on the news tonight that the sham wow guy had a bad encounter with a $1,000 prostitute, she bit his tongue!  Society is avenged  :P !     Leland
I pray everyday giving thanks that I have one of the "fun" mental disorders!

centralmainediesel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
We just finished up crating Mikes new engine. Had it running out in the yard yesterday for about fifteen minutes (per his request) making sure everything was tight-right and ready to go. All you have to do is add some diesel, Mike and you're good to go! It sure was pretty sitting out there on a rare sunny Maine morning; chugging away happily awaiting its new owner. I think you will be impressed! I have your extra parts boxed up and your new Lister-type engine should be leaving here this afternoon. You will be the envy of the neighborhood! Happy motoring and thank you!!.....Phil from CMD

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2009, 04:01:56 PM »
Thanks Phil, I can't wait to get it ;D

centralmainediesel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »
If only his wife would be as excited as he's going to be when it arrives. Make her day and give her the hand crank and tell her "Honey, this is for you, now let me show you how to start it!" I'm sure she will tell you where it belongs! A happy marriage is based on doing things together. Make sure she knows how to use your new gib key puller and make her a hanging set of flywheel keys to dangle from her rear view mirror in her car to show your enduring love for her. Love is a beautiful thing and sharing your new "toy" with her can be a bonding experiance! Just be prepared to duck when the hand crank comes sailing your way through the air!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:24:47 PM by centralmainediesel »

Stan

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »
Don't forget we insist on pictures, a complete album! 
Stan

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:41:22 PM by Stan »