Puppeteer

Author Topic: HOWTO: Post pictures in the forum  (Read 21262 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
HOWTO: Post pictures in the forum
« on: May 01, 2011, 09:51:20 AM »
A perennial issue for users of forums, not just this one, is "how do I post a picture". Having seen another such question, here is the definitive answer.

Step 1: If you haven't already, please go visit http://www.listerenginegallery.com, and grab yourself an account. Accounts are completely free, and the gallery is run by a good friend of the Lister Engine forum. Once you've got your account, follow the simple steps there to upload and (optionally) resize your photos to "forum-friendly".

Step 2: Open a new tab/window/browser session (whichever suits you best), open the Lister Engine Forum, go to the thread/forum you plan to post in, and start your post.

Step 3: From the icon view of the Gallery, click the picture you wish to see. It will appear in "screen size" view; this is perfect for the forum. On Windows machines, right click and choose the appropriate option:

IE6/7/8(?) users - click "Properties", then copy the contents of the "Address" field in the pop-up window to the clipboard
Opera - click "Copy Image Address"
FireFox - click "Copy Image Location"
Safari - click ???? <--- Are you a Safari user? Please let me know the menu option to copy an image's URL to the clipboard so I can complete this FAQ
Other - click ???? <--- If you use a browser not listed above, please help! I need the same info as for Safari + your browser's name & version no.

Step 4: You now have the picture's URL in your browser. Switch to your new posting, and click the IMG button (); this will give you an {IMG}{/IMG} tag pair, only with square brackets not the curly ones I'm showing.

Step 5: Finally.... position your cursor between the two IMG tags, and paste in the URL you selected in Step 3.

To add extra images, simply repeat steps 3-5. You can do this with almost any picture you find on the web, they don't have to come from the Lister Engine Gallery; I believe you can do something similar with PhotoBucket and other on-line galleries.

If you can add anything to this guide, or if you feel any part of it needs clarification or re-wording, please do let me know either by PM, or by replying here.

Cheers,
Ade.

Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

Dieselsmoker

• If your genset fails, remeber Ps 119:105 - Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
  • Self-Certified Professional Engine Lover
    • View Profile
    • Get your spares back!
Re: HOWTO: Post pictures in the forum
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 08:24:27 PM »
Lets see if OneDrive works

??? Forum don't seem to accept the URL...

User Galery Upload:

Bigger:

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 06:13:17 PM by Dieselsmoker »
1963 Lister 6/1 genset - Restored
1942 Fairbanks-Morse ZC-208 - Restored
1945 Ruston & Hornsby PB 3HP - To be restored
1954 John Deere 40-S - Current project

Dieselsmoker

• If your genset fails, remeber Ps 119:105 - Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.
  • Self-Certified Professional Engine Lover
    • View Profile
    • Get your spares back!
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 06:18:02 PM »
Time to experiment again with image hosting.... Doesn't look like the Lister engine gallery is ever coming back on line again  :'(

Image hosted on: www.mediafire.com

V12 Rolls Royce Merlin engine at the Johannesburg Military Museum.
(Engine used in Spitfire Aeroplanes)

Seems to work fine. Also an option to resize before the link is copied.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 05:05:11 AM by Dieselsmoker »
1963 Lister 6/1 genset - Restored
1942 Fairbanks-Morse ZC-208 - Restored
1945 Ruston & Hornsby PB 3HP - To be restored
1954 John Deere 40-S - Current project

dkeav04

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2016, 04:59:02 PM »
imgur.com is also an option, you can easily resize for a forum by appending a s/m/l or so to the end of the URL as well

Like so: m added before .jpg to resize to medium on the fly.
http://i.imgur.com/CZbRzdjm.jpg

and full sized without the m
http://i.imgur.com/CZbRzdj.jpg

listeroil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »
Another one from photobucket[imghttp://][/img]

KC7NOA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2023, 08:10:32 AM »
Its 2023 now ....

I think photobucket is about useless for image posting .. but not 100 % sure .. iv removed all my pictures from there.

the first post has a link that is dead now ... or it could be that im at work and its blocked ...

Id like to post a picture of an unknow listeroid that was in a garage fire and is missing a few parts ... I hope its a listeroid cause iv read that they were not cast iron but cast steel .. even if of poor quality. The one i picked up looks like it froze and cracked the water jacket before the fire at one time ... meaning that i might get away with welding  ...
The bad is that its missing the cap of the connecting rod .. and presumed LOOOOOng gone ...

KC7NOA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2023, 11:18:35 PM »
I'm home and just tried the link in the first post ...
The site is gone ... or it's landing page is changed to a generic search page that is very basic.