Puppeteer

Author Topic: Manual for Lister/Petter PC1 Diesel Engine  (Read 4667 times)

merkland

• View Profile
Manual for Lister/Petter PC1 Diesel Engine
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:57:02 PM »
Can anyone suggest where I might obtain a manual, or scan of a manual, for a Lister/Petter PC1 Diesel Engine. I would be happy to pay a fair price. Searches on Google and Ebay have, so far, been fruitless.

merkland.

listerdiesel

• View Profile
Re: Manual for Lister/Petter PC1 Diesel Engine
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:08:27 AM »
Can anyone suggest where I might obtain a manual, or scan of a manual, for a Lister/Petter PC1 Diesel Engine. I would be happy to pay a fair price. Searches on Google and Ebay have, so far, been fruitless.

merkland.

Do you need anything specific in the way of information?

I have a PCM marine handbook, cannot offer copying or scanning but can quote info from the book for you.

Peter

merkland

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 09:58:50 PM »
Is the PCM actually the same engine?  I don't know.
Mainly I would like to be sure that my reckoning on how it should be started( or stopped) is correct  because my best efforts have failed to start it.
Have been able to check that fuel is getting to the injector O.K. but can't tell if the injector is firing it out. Would like to know the correct procedure for removing the injector for testing, made a tentative attempt to remove it without success. Am being ultra cautious perhaps but I don't want to damage anything.
Thanks for any help.

merkland.

listerdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2009, 07:17:25 AM »
The PCM is a PC fitted with a marine gearbox, PC1M PC2M etc.

The injector is just levered out according to the book, there are no special tools or techniques required.

The manual also states that you can hook the injector up to the pipework after removal to check the spray pattern,

Don't get your body parts anywhere near the spray whilst playing, it can be dangerous and painful!

Peter

merkland

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 09:30:58 AM »
Many thanks.

merkland.