Author Topic: Lights out!  (Read 24315 times)

Stan

Re: Lights out!
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2009, 08:05:26 PM »
Typical article full of "you know that" and "it is a fact that"   blah blah blah...You know, I know and most of the public already know that the main purpose of articles like this is to sow doubt.  Doubt that cannot be proven is still in the minds of some, still doubt and that's enough for extreme neo cons to put pressure on politicians.

Stan

lendusaquid

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
Global warming is going to go down as the biggest scam in history. Have you noticed that they now call it climate change not global warming?.The earth has been cooling for the last 10 years despite increases in co2. Co2 is good.They pump it into greenhouses because plants love it. More co2 = more food. The bogus science behind this new religion would never stand up to scrutiny in a court of law.

Interesting weather site

http://www.weatheraction.com/

Piers Corbyn makes a living by making long range weather forecasts based on solar activity.  

Stan

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2009, 11:18:09 PM »
The only problem with the science of solar activity is that it hasn't made any lasting record of it's activities!  You can't drill down into 10,000 years of ice and find evidence of solar activity like you can Co2 levels.  We are only still just beginning to understand the physics of what's really happening inside the sun, while we have overwhelming research by real scientists, thousands of them of the physics behind our climatic patterns.
Stan

AdeV73

« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 09:29:09 AM »
Stan,

The "CO2 causes global warming" argument - in a nutshell - came from ice core reasearch which showed essentially flat levels of CO2 in the "recent" past (for the last, say, 10,000 years); combined with dendro-climatology (tree rings) which showed a rapid rise in temperature (the hockey stick) and "recent" (200 years) of industrial revolution CO2 output (going up...), and - Q.E.D. carbon dioxide = global warming....

Except it doesn't. There's the whole solar thing to take into account. There's the fact that, it transpires, the whole hockey stick graph ends up having been magicked out of a single stand of bristle-cone pines somewhere in California (see www.climateaudit.org; there's loads of posts on there about the bristle cones). The hockey-stick was the core of Al Gore's film, even though it's since proven wrong. It keeps re-appearing in IPCC reports, despite the proven bad science behind it (there was some political wrangling behind the scenes that got the graph back into the 2007 report, despite the fact it shouldn't have been there. It won't be in the next one).

I don't "deny" climate change is happening (the one constant thing about the climate is, it's forever changing!), what I do question, is just how much impact man & his activities is having on it.... and in particular, how paying more tax (for fuel, for building materials, for electricity, for everything) is somehow going to magically fix that, as the politicians grow fat and happy on their "green" taxes.

Anyway... must rush, I have a diesel powered boat to catch :)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 10:15:05 AM »
Co2 is good.They pump it into greenhouses because plants love it.

I am not a plant.  Are you a plant?  Do you live in a green house?  I don't live in a greenhouse.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Stan

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2009, 12:22:54 AM »
OK anybody who's on this forum who's really a plant in disguise, go back 200,000,000 years where you belong.  You'd be a lot happier then too with all that delicious Co2 to breathe with all your buddies.
Stan

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2009, 12:46:57 AM »
Oh darn .. I have been found out ... ok, back into my time machine and back home I go. Bye ....

Jens

NOOO! Don't leave us Jens, we need the oxygen you produce!!

SR
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

lendusaquid

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2009, 09:40:32 PM »
Guess ill just have to spell it out. More co2=higher crop yields.
You are what you eat ;D

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 01:32:17 AM »
Hmmmm,

We were what we crapped?

Casey

Oh, hot air does not equal oxygen.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 02:46:56 AM »
I personally don't eat crap but i have seen the dog "doo" it on occasion.

& it's not nice what you said about Jens.

SR.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2009, 03:12:17 AM »
Casey doesn't seem malicous to me, If anything, i think it was meant to be funny, he may not have realized the connection.

SR.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

Stan

« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2009, 03:29:39 AM »
You just have to picture Casey sitting in his nice cozy dark room, in his lazyboy with his wireless keyboard on his lap staring at a large screen typing away, to visualize a nice guy with a quirky sense of humour, just like me.
Stan

btw....I see a new "connecting rod" of ice just broke in Antarctica and now it's going to let the comparatively warm ocean water in to melt another huge section of the continent.  sniff sniff, last day of skiing today for this year, hope it's not the last.

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2009, 04:22:33 AM »
you forgot the part about  him sitting there with his drink in a hollowed out pineapple, with a little umbrella in it.

Really broken ice huh, that must be whats causing the blizzard in the midwest, no?

SR.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 05:43:30 AM by lowspeedlife »
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2009, 05:23:14 AM »
Oh my Gosh.

I never thought anyone would take this place seriously.  Please don't.  But now that I'm here:

1.  I never wrote that anyone ate crap.  When you start pooping strawberry tarts I recommend that you notify Ripley.
     2.  I wrote that "hot air does not equal oxygen".  Now if someone is feeling defensive that might say something.
     3.  I'm setting here on the lanai watching the sun sink slowly down into the Pacific.  Electricity is down to 33 cent a KWH and at 68 degrees who needs HVAC?  One might ask; How could life be any better?

And the answer is:  The Menehune Energy Lab should be finished in two weeks.  Now if I were in Texas, Arizona or California I could start shopping PV equipment because those states have the vision to help their citizens support the electrical power infrastructure.  When is that Obama money going to hit the shelves so we God Bless Americans can get on with saving her by eroding the tremendous transfer of wealth from the Western nations to the Mid-East?

Cheers,

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2009, 05:47:10 AM »
It's all in fun casey, sit back, relax & watch the worlds weather maker get lower & lower.  8)

Scott R.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid