Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lights out!  (Read 24314 times)

mkdutchman

• mkdutchman at gmail dot com
    • View Profile
Re: Lights out!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2009, 04:45:15 PM »
Another article by the "global warming sceptics"  ;D

Disclaimer: I am a "global warming sceptic" shamelessly, and unapologetically so. (Not to be confused with "pollution" or "conservation")  :)

http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/04/no_wonder_climate_alarmists_re.html

Gotta love this thread, it's one of the few I've seen about this subject that doesn't descend into name calling, and demonizing......
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:49:43 PM by mkdutchman »

Stan

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2009, 04:58:42 PM »
WOW! Mark Morano is getting almost as much press as Obama!  He's the guy we talked about a few months ago that got the "slanty" award for writing press releases that were the most "slanted".
Stan

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »
Slanty? Mebbe he is........mebbe he isn't

Let's see how well he can present his facts and reasoning

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2009/04/03/global-warming-debate-morano-vs-climateprogresss-romm

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »
So who gives out those slanty awards Stan? The New York Times?, The Washington Post? Dennis Miller?

Scott R.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »
Dear Mr. mkdutchman,

You can watch that video and think the rude jerk that couldn't stop talking long enough to hear anything much more learn anything came out good?  I don't have my hemp T-shirt up over my head chanting "The heat is coming, The heat is coming.” but give me a break.  You’re SUV either gets over 40 MPG or you need to send another donation to the RNC.

Watch it again, please.  If you said you did I’ll do so too.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2009, 09:21:38 PM »
 At least Moran didn't resort to name calling like Rohm did & just claim "you made that up!" . You want to talk about slanted, Insin't Rohm the guy that claimed that the Minneapolis bridge collaped because of global warming, now that's slanted.

Scott R.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 07, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »
Made up like "Clean Coal"?

I didn't say the under-dressed fellow was a saint or necessarily more correct.  I wrote that I don't like rude people that consistently interrupt others in a dual presentation.    I’d agree with you that there is hype coming from the global warming groups but you did notice that there was no denial of some responsibility on the part of human activity for “change” in weather patterns.  Stuff I’m interested in is like who named their sources?  What were the credentials of those sources?  How do you explain Mt. Kilimanjaro’s disappearing snow cap?  Are we going to have to rename Iceland?  Do you believe there is actually a clean coal plant?  Have you ever donated to the NRC? :)

Casey

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 07, 2009, 01:06:03 AM »
So interupting someone is rude but name calling isin't, OK. I didn't say the weathers not changing, it's weather, it's always changing. do i believe that human beings are why it's changing, no, i don't. thru out history (recorded & unrecorded) the weather has always changed. lots of things affect it. I just don't believe humans have that abillity, hell, the same people who tell you the earth is warming can't tell you what the weather is going to do next week, why should i beleive what they think it's going to do in a hundred years. this Rohm guy says the oceans are going to rise 5 feet, the IPCC report says 17 to 23 inches, even amongst themselves they can't agree. Hell, 15 years ago they were saying we were all going to be dead by now. 25 years ago we were supposed to be going into an ice age. Sources huh, Dr. Hansen (& I use the term Dr loosely) is a nasa scientist & as such is a government employ & they have rules that preclude them from doing what he does, why he's not fired I can't figure. the IPCC report has used the "hockey stick" graph for years when it's been proven wrong for years. the fact the Hansen refuses to debate anyone about his "findings" should tell the whole story. The fact that they use CO2 as THE green house gas when water vapor is a much better green house gas is telling, it tells you that they haven't figured out how to tax water vapor, which is the real driving factor behind this. the fact that they ignore the sun completely which is the number one, excuse me, the only driver of earth temperatures is also telling. Dont know about Mt. killamanjaro's snow cap, but the japs aren't goin along with the IPCC crap. Iceland has mostly been free of ice since the last ice age, they called it iceland to keep people from coming there, Greenland on the otherhand has been coverd with ice & they called it that to get people to come there, must have been libs named it. clean coal, no. though some coal power plants are cleaner that others, the newest ones have things called "scrubbers" on them, they use scrubbers on diesels running in tunnels & mines to keep from killing the people in there. Rohm also says more people work in wind power that coal mines, in coal mines yes, in the coal industry no, another lib trick, there are also people who transport the coal, turn some into briquets, coal power plant workers etc. they don't like to include everybody when it doesn't suit thier statistics, as an aside Shell who was a big player in wind power just dumped thier wind power program, why? too expensive to maintain, no profit. I know, I know, profit is bad, Obama told me so. unless you are actually running a business. have I ever donated to the NRC the nuclear regulatory commission? no, i have not. but I will if they will build more nuke plants.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

Dail R H

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2009, 06:20:58 AM »
   A question for mr al hore
   I dont know how to ask him directly, so I'll ask it here. The bas#$@& wouldn't ,or couldn't answer it anyway,so it's a mute question anyway.
   " If the climate is warming, then why the hell is it snowing in near the middle of April in balmy WV? Huh? Answer that asshole Gore

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2009, 11:07:34 AM »
All, or near all, politicians are the same.  You never get a straight answer.  A bit like reading astrology predictions - all answers for all people.  If it works for just one (who shouts it from high) they have a ball.

OK here goes.  Climate change may be caused or part caused by human activity - who knows, we have messed up on so many things recently (thalidomide, DDT, CFCs, neonicotinoids(?), other pesticides, maybe AIDS even, nuclear pollution, BSE, Foot and Mouth (in UK), dioxins, Bhopal, Chernobyl, to name but a few.  Next might be the GE disaster mistake (which WILL be made sooner or later - but WILL be, at some time).

Climate change was termed 'global warming' but the uneducated masses thought it was just going to get a little warmer - by a degree or two (who cares if it is degrees F, or K).  So the term has been changed to 'climate change' to embrace the fact that not all areas will see a relatively small increase in temperature, just a climate change which might mean wild swings between winter and summer seasons - different than the 'norm' for the past who knows how long.

For instance, if the Gulf Stream currents change direction, the UK could join up for Scandinavian winters (and drier summers?).  Who knows?

The simple fact is this planet cannot sustain the population of homo sapiens if we continue to use up the natural resources at the rate we are doing, much less the projected requirements for an expanding population expecting higher than third world standards.  Mother nature may well intervene and make a lot of changes necessary.  It might be down to our activities rather than Mother Nature.

About 500 years ago the climate in Britain was much different from what it is now.  Don't know how long it stayed with a 'more like current mediterranean' climate, but they could grow grapes quite easily in middle England at that time, so I understand.

So the simple answer is you get the weather whether you like, it or not.  If in the future we find it was all down to mankind and it was ignored, they, the future generations, will have to pay the price for our folly.  Can we take the chance and do nothing.  Stick our heads in the sand like the proverbial ostrich?

Tough, that is the weather you are having.  Live with it 'cos it ain't likely to go away in the next five years or even perhaps fifty years.  Asshole Gore may give you a more eloquent answer, but mine is just that. Tough.  That is climate change you are experiencing.  One way or the other.  Natural cycle or down to mankind?  I haven't the foggiest idea, but like I said earlier in the rant - mankind has a lot to answer for.  Cutting down the equatorial rain forests seemed like a good idea 40 years ago. Not such a hot idea these days, is it?

Regards, RAB

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2009, 10:35:55 AM »
   A question for mr al hore
   I dont know how to ask him directly, so I'll ask it here. The bas#$@& wouldn't ,or couldn't answer it anyway,so it's a mute question anyway.
   " If the climate is warming, then why the hell is it snowing in near the middle of April in balmy WV? Huh? Answer that asshole Gore

West virginia I might expect. why  is it smowing in atlanta, georgia???

SR.
Scott R.

omega 20/2 listeroid

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2009, 12:21:15 PM »
couldn't access the forum at all, this is the first I've been back since my last post

Lowgear,
I watched the whole thing, (I'm assuming you did too) so tell me, how many times did Rohm say "he's making stuff up"? And did you catch his threefold assertion right at the beginning that "the earth's temperature will rise by 10-15 degreesF, sea levels will rise by five feet, and one third of the planet will be desert"? Please. Considering that the IPCC commission/panel (and BTW it's a governing body NOT a science body, big difference there) doesn't even make such outlandish claims, if Rohm wasn't fearmongering then what was he doing? Certainly not speaking facts

And no, I don't like Morano's way of constantly interrupting Rohm, but I like Rohm's haughtiness and fearmongering even less

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »
Hey guys,

They’re both somewhat full of crap.  I don't even know how much of their own hot air they believe. 

Let's try it again:

I don't like talk shows where it's a yelling or rudeness match.  I hung in on this one so I didn't miss any "important" points.

If I'm lying and you call me a liar then you are not a name caller – you’re just calling attention to my modus operandi (SP?).  In either case, I might just deny it – You?

For The Record:

I haven’t taken an extremist stand on either side.  I do believe we are treating the planet as if it were a Micky D’s hamburger wrapper.  This is a very special rock!  We should treat it with respect and gratitude.  As we continue to populate our planet at greater and greater levels of humans the finiteness of this relatively enormous pond will reveal itself to us all.  I’m glad my family isn’t dependent on the rain forests at the base of Kilimanjaro (oops, they’re gone) and I’m not going to shop beach property on Iceland no matter how prudent this investment might be.  That beach property search goes for the Sahara Tropical Condominium projects too. 

I agree the planet has been in flux since the beginning.  The question is how much pressure are we contributing?
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

Stan

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2009, 02:57:24 AM »
OK, here's some guys who don't yell, or interrupt and their findings.
Stan

http://www.popsci.com.au/environment/article/2009-04/nasa-study-shows-thinning-arctic-sea-ice

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2009, 03:53:16 AM »
Sea ice decline is in response to a warming trend we've seen in the Arctic for the past 30 years," said Meier. "We're heading towards an Arctic that won't have any summer sea ice in 20-30 years -- the most recent research indicates that the last time that happened was at least 5,500 years ago."

Yeah thank god that great Grampa to the power of 12 Al Gore warned the Neanderthals and were able to stop global warming last time around.  There is hope for us yet :D
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...