Author Topic: Biooil in slow diesel engines  (Read 6167 times)

nbc

• View Profile
Biooil in slow diesel engines
« on: March 23, 2009, 11:06:06 PM »
Biooil is the liquid product produced when the gas from the pyrolysis of organic material (often wood) is condensed. I have seem some suggestions that it can be run in a slow diesel engine. Does anyone have any experience with this?

mbryner

• View Profile
    • Marcus & Emily's personal website
Re: Biooil in slow diesel engines
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 12:33:49 AM »
Probably would work but I don't think anyone on this forum has tried it.   A Lister/Listeroid can run on most fuels.   A few of us (me included) are working on running our 'roids on wood gas.  I have a GEK kit from Jim Mason (google it) and first made wood gas about a month ago.  Why condense the gas instead of just burning it as it is created?   Are you trying to store it?  Or did you find a supplier (that would be rare!).   

Marcus
JKson/Powersolutions 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane canister muffler, future off-gridder

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:09:58 PM »
Hello nbc
BioOil
www.DynaMotive.com
You have now tapped into the only two people here who have a clue what you are referring to.
So, tell us a bit about your self. Do you have an engine? Are you considering getting an engine? Would you like one of us to try running this fuel? Many here LIKE free fuel and are very adventurous.

Regards
SteveU.
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

mbryner

• View Profile
    • Marcus & Emily's personal website
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 05:40:40 PM »
You have now tapped into the only two people here who have a clue what you are referring to.

haha, SteveU., you're probably right!   :D
JKson/Powersolutions 6/1, 7.5 kw ST head, propane canister muffler, future off-gridder

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1775

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 06:54:52 PM »
Yes Jens
Acidic, water content and short storage life too. Just like all drained waste motor oil: four different acids and a water content of 10-15%. Some (not you) are burning WMO directly with claimed success. I believe them. Replacement Listeriod pumps and injectors are cheaper than effective centrifuges, filters or a vacuum distillation system.
So I take it your not going to volenteer your engine for some FREE fuel from this western Canadian company, eh? ;D

Best Regards
SteveU.
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2009, 12:54:42 AM »
Reminds me of the Pheonix refinery....

Seems we had 1 fire every 6 months and then we ran out of money, and the fuel quality was up and down.

And then it closed, the owner died and some of my firends started to get cancer ( weak laugh... )
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken