Author Topic: New dealer in western Canada  (Read 7179 times)

Eco Diesel

• View Profile
New dealer in western Canada
« on: April 09, 2006, 07:17:24 PM »
Hello fellows
My name is Troy Erler. I have been reading your forum for a while but have not until now posted anything. I have had an interest in these Lister type engines for quite some time. I have been reading much of what has been written here and am impressed with the knowledge you fellows posses. Years ago I was a pro MX racer who had 12 years experience working on/modifying 2 stroke motorcycle and snowmobile engines. The last 10 years I have been building/developing acreage properties while running a small polyurethane dead blow hammer manufacturing company. I have a background in machining with 4 years experience working with 2 different tool and die makers and have roughly 15 years metal fabricating/welding experience.   My interest in these Lister type engines was serious enough that it has led me to import some engines. I live 2 hours south of Calgary on the outskirts of Lethbridge and had been inquiring about working with a few different manufacturers and distributors regarding importing. My findings have led me to build on a business relationship with GTC and there is a small batch of 6 hp singles and 12 hp twins with spares on route for the port of Vancouver. If you wish you may ad me to your list of dealers. My new company is called  (Eco Diesel Solutions Canada) my email is   impact@shockware.com     ph (403) 3294368 Website soon to be constructed. I hope as I figure out how to use this forum i will be able to contribute and as well hope that I may ask of your expertise from time to time. Nice to meet you all. Bye for now

Troy Erler 

Stan

Re: New dealer in western Canada
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2006, 07:20:36 PM »
Welcome Troy....Nice to hava a dealer in Western Canada, just down the road, so to speak.  One day I'm going to drop in and actually hear on run if possible.
Stan

Eco Diesel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2006, 07:39:12 PM »
Hi again Stan!
I am still laughing. My screen showed an error so I resent my post and now I see it showed up twice on the main page. I just hope everyone is getting a laugh outa me today. I hope you can come by for a visit this summer. A funny thing happened the other day. I was at this farm telling this farmer about the engines I had coming. He said he had an old lister sitting in the back of this quonset. I had to crawl over a ton of stuff to see it but there it was in the back corner. An old 3 hp with the water jug on top complete with gen head. Yes! an old original Lister. I am still waiting to hear if his father will sell it to me. It will be a fun little project to restore. Have a good one. Bye for now.

Troy

Stan

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2006, 08:29:40 PM »
I've made up a "wanted" poster with a picture of a Lister and have given it to all the scrap metal dealers and auto junkyard dealers in the area.  We'll see if it results in any calls.
I'm looking forward to you getting one set up and running, I'll take the 3 hour drive to go and see it.
Stan

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2006, 09:41:40 PM »
Wecome Stan, just deleted your second topic... No problem e?

Nice find on the original Lister  Would be a great side by side display in your "Cyber Store"

Cheers

Andrew in Ottawa
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Eco Diesel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 11:53:44 PM »
I have been planning ahead as to how I will build my genset/water heater using 2 - 6 hp single engines and a10kw head. I am searching for those special pieces that will assemble into a very durable and high quality system.Here is a little item I think alot of you may find desirable. http://www.ejbowman.co.uk/products/ExhaustHeatExchangers.htm  Now, if I can just find a sprage clutch that can couple the 2 engines to a common gen head I will be laughing.

Troy

trigzy

• View Profile
    • High Tech Hicks
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2006, 01:05:55 AM »
So you are the Canadian dealer for oldstylelisters.com then???

Steve
Power Anand 24/2, Brushless 20kW, some other antique iron.
Vendor of AVR's, Small Clones of Yanmar Diesel and Honda Gasoline Engines

Stan

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2006, 01:20:22 AM »

Eco Diesel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2006, 03:34:08 AM »
Hi Steve!
I was introduced to Atul at Anand Enterprises by Willem at Old Style Listers. I have been conversing with Atul for a number of months since. Willem was kind enough to host my Eco Diesel Solutions Canada page on his website. Willem was quite helpfull on a number of issues and I was very sad to see that he was hurt on the job. I hope to talk to him again soon. I had also been talking to GTC about their engines as well and have spoke to a few fellows in the USA who have imported them. I have placed an order with GTC and also have a proforma invoice in hand for some of Atuls engines. I will probably order some of Atuls engines as well.The owner of GTC is  very passionate about his company and product and has been most accomodating in regards to my requests. I look forward to working with him on many fronts. The parts should be standard on these engines as with the original Lister with some special attention to detail regarding assembly issues, sand and assembly details which it seems all the India manufacturers have had trouble with. Oh ya! Yes Stan. Just like that one on ebay uk except the paint looked darker green and the pot had a crack no doubt from freeze up.   

Stan

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2006, 04:00:42 AM »
OH well. Troy, you definetly don't want one with a crack in the hopper, I'll take it off your hands though if you want ::)
Stan

Eco Diesel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2006, 05:26:48 AM »
I am hoping he will sell it to me. The one in the barn also had a gen head/alternator mounted on the frame with it that looked like it was original equipment. That crack is an easy fix. I have done a few cast iron repairs in the past using both oxy acetaline and stick welding so it should be no problem. Just have to clean it out properly, pre heat , weld and control cool down time. I just have to find out if it had any other problems before it was taken out of service.I wonder how many originals there are out there just sitting in barns and out buildings. An old fellow had responded to an ad I ran here in our local paper regarding Lister type engines I was advertising. He said he use to run and maintain one in Waterton Lakes National park at the parks work shop. He really seemed to love that old engine. He was going to ask around to see what ever happened to it but thought it was probably sold for scrap.

rgroves

• View Profile
    • Flint Hills Diesel
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2006, 02:48:34 PM »
I wonder how many originals there are out there just sitting in barns and out buildings. An old fellow had responded to an ad I ran here in our local paper regarding Lister type engines I was advertising. He said he use to run and maintain one in Waterton Lakes National park at the parks work shop. He really seemed to love that old engine. He was going to ask around to see what ever happened to it but thought it was probably sold for scrap.

Just a thought here.  I've done some business with an Amish guy in Michigan.  His community depends heavily on engine power, and he is a for-real Lister mechanic with a lot of experience working on Lister CS engines. They are a mainstay of Amish life in his area anyway.  So if you're in Amish country, you might ask around and see what's stuck in the barn after it was replaced with something newer. 

Russell
A country boy can survive - Hank Williams Jr.

Eco Diesel

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2006, 04:28:35 AM »
I just thought you fellows might like this link I found which has some nice pics of a variety old engines and as well some video footage. http://www.motorsamling.dk/nyengelsk/index.html