Author Topic: Redstone engines  (Read 150790 times)

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
Re: Redstone engines
« Reply #195 on: May 17, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »
Montana, send JohnF13 an email, he sells the Redstones.  Looks like the Redstone is the way to go if you need all that power.  Sorry to hear about your experiance with the ebay bum, what is wrong with the 6/1 that you have?  How is the 12/1 working out for you? 

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 17, 2009, 09:11:40 PM »
I have to get the YAK fat out of the generator bearings

Why not do the job properly once and just replace them now with good quality ones of the correct tolerance?  The cost is not great and the confidence that a bearing failure is much less likely to occur is 'peace of mind'.  If they were not worth lubricating properly in the first place, they are unlikely to be top grade bearings anyway. 

Regards, RAB

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 17, 2009, 10:29:39 PM »
I have to get the YAK fat out of the generator bearings

Why not do the job properly once and just replace them now with good quality ones of the correct tolerance?  The cost is not great and the confidence that a bearing failure is much less likely to occur is 'peace of mind'.  If they were not worth lubricating properly in the first place, they are unlikely to be top grade bearings anyway. 

Regards, RAB

The fan end bearing really should be a sealed bearing so the fan does not blow the dirt into it. If you have it opened up any way, bearings are cheap, down time is expensive.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 17, 2009, 10:36:23 PM »
Montana, John f13 may not be able to help you with a redstone, he's in canada, & if you are in the US Joel Koch is most likely going to be your dealer, I'm not sure about that but I think they have sort of divided up north america. I know that when George a utterpower waas selling listeroids that was the arraingment. If he can't sell to you he atleast should be able to put you in touch with Joel.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

apogee_man

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 20, 2009, 04:51:45 AM »
I sent Montana a PM with Joel's contact info.

;D

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 23, 2009, 07:51:26 PM »

It looks like the REDSTONE is the way to go! Had these been available in Sept '07, I may have went with one of these instead of a Listeroid!! Chinese are getting better at QC/QA.

I also believe that these 'redstones' have been available in China for quite some time, and they are capitalizing on all the Listeroid problems. :P

Kind of reminds me of what the Japanese did in the 60's with the Motorcycle Industry  ;D

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 23, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »
    Kind of reminds me of what the Japanese did in the 60's with the Motorcycle Industry  ;D
Except I bet there won't be a import tarrif on the higher quality import.
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 24, 2009, 05:35:49 AM »

It's a known fact that in the 1950's,japanese companies would buy all sorts of Bikes, DKW, Norton,BSA etc, etc, They would tear them apart and re-engineer them.

If you took a 1950's DKW with a Pressed Steel Frame and painted it that Honda Red they were using at that time, one would assume it was a Honda Dream at 1st glance!

They got rid of the Oil leaks and the need for constant bolt tightening,along with electric start.

The Royal Enfield was called the 'Royal Oilfield'!

panaceabeachbum

• View Profile
    • Thompson Machine
« Reply #203 on: July 24, 2009, 02:05:19 AM »
Are any of these still avail ?

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 24, 2009, 03:17:40 AM »

If your in Canada contact  www.woodnstuff.ca     If your in the USA contact  www.utterpower.com