Author Topic: Listeroid 12/1 residential  (Read 10630 times)

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
Re: Listeroid 12/1 residential
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2009, 09:55:58 PM »
Steveu and Nospark, how is the quality of your Anand Powerline engine ?  Did you disassenble them before running them and if so waht did you find ?  I have the cash, and I am finally about to buy a listeroid and I want to get your first hand opinion of the Anand engines.  Thanks.
Mike 

NoSpark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 06:33:37 AM »
Piperpilot3tk
         I can say that the quality is better than I expected. I did not do a total tear down and don't plan to until I think it needs it. I did the initial check for sand and found none, the inside had been cleaned up with a grinder or bur and not painted and had almost no rust.  I did the clearance checks, disassembled and cleaned the head(didn't want green paint on the valve springs :) ), modified the rocker arm shaft block for adjustment, and modified the governor linkages, it could probably use an offset idler bolt. If your expecting the worst but still want one anyways(like I did), what are you waiting for, JUST DO IT!!!  :)
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 05:55:10 PM »
piperpilot
To properly answer your question would be hijacking this thread. My usage and treatment of my Anand/Powerline 12/1 engine exactly matches NoSparks. I want to put more run hours on mine to CURE THE GREEN CASTINGS and establish visible wear patterns. And then ONLY do what upgrades prove necessary. For a different experience with an Anand engine read the recent posts of member Montana. These three engine were all bought through volume US importer/dealers. There are FIVE US/Canadian volume dealers/importers selling four different branded Listeriods. I would recommend always buying from one of them BECAUSE THE INDIANS ARE GOING TO SUPPLY THEM WITH THE BEST OF PARTS. Plus each one of these dealer/importers has proven time and again to "make it right" when the inevitable problems do pop up. And individual importing a single or one time small lot from India has too often been the dumping ground for the out of spec production run  parts the should have been rejected out and melted back down.
The integrity of the in country dealer: US, Canada, UK, is your ONLY usable warranty/ guarrantee. It is wise to buy the best EFFECTIVE warranty/guarantee/assurance you can afford. We have accessible laws and courts here to help keep people honest.
But direct from India? Then buy three of every thing to have enough parts to maybe make up one "good " unit.
Buy from an honest  volume dealer/importer and you have a one in three chance you will still have to ask for a part to be replaced.
Now thanks to Mr xyzer/Dave I now have the .025" offset idler bolt mine has proven to need. Hey, thats just typical Listerioding.

Regards
SteveU.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:18:00 PM by SteveU. »
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

NoSpark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
Most of the issues with these engines are inherent in the indian castings, they just don't seem to want to fix these problems. Too bad, because oids could be more commercially viable. It may take something like the Redstones's increasing popularity to make them fix these problems. And of course if the assembler(s) of your engine didn't care, you're really screwed   :o  :'(. Its also been said that as quality goes up so does the price, a little tinkering and maybe a tear down maybe worth the savings, depends on the buyer.
Anand Powerline 6/1 ST5

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:38 PM »
Thanks Jens for knocking me off of my "always" high horse. I was thinking about Nickel Citys/Dougs Anand Petteriod, Rocketboy/Bobs engines and few others. Your positive experience proves "always" was wrong.
I have edited out the inaccurate too strong "always" and "shit" words and I apologise.

Have you heard anything more about member Farmerboys 12/1 engines?
Maybe he could contribute some insight into the actual thread topic: 12/1 usage in a residential environment.

Regards
SteveU.
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2009, 10:11:03 PM »
Check out the new video of a Anand Powerline 12/1 on Youtube. It was uploaded 2 days ago.

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 10:21:02 PM »
Sorry, was not trying to hijack the thread. I just wanted to hear directly from the owners of the Powerline engines. I will at least do a partial teardown on mine when I get it.  My plan is to run it for just a few minutes to check the balance and make sure all is working correctly, then disassemble it and inspect and repair it as necessary. I did give up on trying to import some engines.  I could have got them a few hundred dollars cheaper per unit, and I would not have to pay truck freight to get them to the house (about $400 each). But since things have gotten a little tighter now days most everyone backed out, and it is not worth the hassle to me to import one or two. So Powerline owners, What did you find when you disassembled your engines?
Thanks, Mike.