Author Topic: Vacation  (Read 2971 times)

Tugger

• View Profile
Vacation
« on: February 17, 2009, 05:40:06 PM »
Im tired of winter here in Muskoka...its either a billion below freezing or warms up and snows like crazy..damn lake effect weather..
This past year i ran all my company expenses through my aeromiles card and can afford to fly me and the g/f too LasVegas and are heading south to Lake Havasu for a weeks visit with me mum...the snowbird..
I was wondering if any of you fellow heavymetal motorheads would know of any sites/attractions i might be interested in visiting in the area...
Cheers
Tug

xyzer

• View Profile
Re: Vacation
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 07:03:34 PM »
Grand canyon...Hoover dam.....Death Valley....Oh and Las Vegas ;D Not sure of all the distance but they are near.
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 11:36:08 PM »
Hell Tug, you should stop by Minden and see me on the way !!    Paul.
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

Tugger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 04:16:19 AM »
Hoover dam is on the todo list...as well as Las Vegas......Death Valley sounds romantic too...
Paul..i could drop by Minden next summer....mom spends some of her summer in West Guilford...i try to visit if i can..
Cheers
Tug

Fairmountvewe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »
I don't know, Tug.  It is pretty warm here in sunny Cavan township.  The ditch at the end of the lane is plugged again, just like the Hoover dam, and I have been told that Kawartha Downs was really the original inspiration for "Lost Wages".  Maybe a couple of days here in the Green and Rolling Hills (the township motto) are what you really need.  No Death Valley, but we have Devil's Elbow right handy.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, cooperate, solve equations, analyze a new problem, and pitch manure. Specialization is for insects.