Puppeteer

Author Topic: Kissan 12 - 1  (Read 6150 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Kissan 12 - 1
« on: January 17, 2009, 12:51:07 AM »
The owner of the Kissan 12-1 Petteroid conacted me off list.
this engine was imported by Pat at altopro about 3 years ago.

New guy would you please step forward and introduce yourself
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Kissan 12 - 1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 02:44:21 AM »
alright!! i petteroidhead :)

ask him if he wants a big twin petteroid or four!

my partner and i are thinking of selling two 20/2 petteroids, and two 28/2 petteroids
both skid mounted with waterpumps, fans and radiators.
preban engines if that makes any difference to anyone.

still in the crates, with whatever spares they send with those things

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 04:37:00 PM »
He bought the engine 2 years ago Bob and is just getting around to it now Bob. I don't think he's quite ready to buy more yet .
He's going to need some advice so I pointed him this way to the forum.

Daniel please introduce your self to the group lots of fellow here who would like to hear about your engine ( DM10s are rare ) and lots of good advice on building a generator.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

danieleastwind

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 09:18:35 PM »
Hello, I have just started to deal with the Petteroid I bought 2 years ago.  I opened it up to check for casting sand and didn't find any loose and the oil inside looked pretty clean, but I intend to proceed to remove all the paint/sand from the crank case walls.

I am wondering if there is a good manual for this design.  I am especially trying to get a better understanding of the oil pump, which is a plunger type located directly below the crank shaft.

There are no timing marks, so I intend to mark the gears so I can always return to the factory setting - I assume the factory timing is right, but I guess I won't know until it runs. 

I am also wondering if there is any other marking I should make before pulling the cam shaft... I am probably going to have lots of questions - and this project might take a while.  I am working on it in my spare time , between a long list of other farm projects.  I will try to make a lot of progress in February - I know that once planting starts in March, I won't have much spare time anymore. 

Thanks to Doug for the advice and helping me identify the engine design.

Daniel
Southern Missouri, USA

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 10:32:45 PM »
Welcome here, Daniel!

Cheers, Wizard

SteveU.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 12:08:49 AM »
Welcome Danieleastwind

C-C-cold Canadian Doug will still be one of your best resources on Petteriods. ( I think to stay warm is why he is fascinated with his torches.)
For a "local" fuel source look up the posts of sodbust in the members section. He too is a farmer, grows and presses sunflower oil to run his equipment. A real smart practical man.
Don't be put off by the Lister/iod predominance;  we all like all types of slow speed multifuel capable setups here. Especially with Pictures!!

Greetings from the  wet side of Washington state
SteveU.
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.

danieleastwind

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 02:19:34 AM »
Yes it would help me out to see some oil pressing set ups.  I got a lot of machinery in 06, including an oil press that I also haven't gotten around to dealing with - it's still in the crate.

the only machines I dealt with right away were one of two 3 kw st heads, which I coupled with a kubota 7 hp 1800 rpm.  the generator works great, but I did have to take the st head apart because, in the first minute of operation, bolts and nuts from the dog house loosened up and fell into the housing with the windings.  (I found extra loose niuts and washers inside when I took it apart, left in there from the factory).  after i took out the extra metal, I have had no problems with it.

It takes me awhile to get to my projects, but with enough time I can usually find some shade of success.

Daniel