Author Topic: Ah the weekend........  (Read 3953 times)

Fairmountvewe

• View Profile
Ah the weekend........
« on: January 23, 2009, 10:17:58 PM »
I just love coming home after another work week to find the Canadian Tire flyer in the mail box.  This week they have a Kill-a-watt clone for $17.99, a Xantrex 1000w modified sine wave inverter for $424.99, an offshore/house brand 1000w full sine wave inverter for $254.99, and a 220V MIG welder for $599.99  Oh the choices!  C'mon lambs........Grow!  Daddy needs new toys.

Peter
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, cooperate, solve equations, analyze a new problem, and pitch manure. Specialization is for insects.

Stan

Re: Ah the weekend........
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:28:40 PM »
I don't think the one in the cdn tire flyer does hz.  Could be wrong, was once.
Stan

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 11:52:09 PM »
I made a mistake once too. Bought a pencil with an eraser, but I didn't need the eraser.  ;D
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 11:56:40 PM »
oh another weekend and another call from Ontario Hydro saying the hydro will be off from 1 am till ... maybe noon?  I have the block heater on the Roid, tank full of fuel... ready to run and stay warm... BTW -20C tongiht BRRRRRR

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Stan

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 12:59:48 AM »
How come they keep shutting off your power Andrew?  My daughter in S. Ottawa hasn't had a power outage yet this winter.  Are you in an area that needs that much upgrading or are they "improving" the system out your way?
Stan

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »
1000 watt modified sine wave xantrex for 400+ dollars?

must be a different series than we get at costco down here,

we get em for around 69 dollars plus tax

good lord Andrew!  now i know why you and JohnF are so keen to have listeroid power!

too damned cold to be without power, at least they gave you fair warning, that is worth something i guess.

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

Fairmountvewe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 01:52:01 AM »
That's the problem with scheduling work when you have to bring in extra crews.  You can't forcast the weather far enough out to make weather related decisions, and you can't cancell the extra people on short notice without a financial penalty.  Damned if they do the outage, damned if they don't.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, cooperate, solve equations, analyze a new problem, and pitch manure. Specialization is for insects.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2009, 02:42:20 AM »
The last outage was 4 hours.... they blew up a tranformer... power out in sub 0 for 14 hours....

Wife happy I have roid
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

ALSSR

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 05:38:23 AM »
 :'( unfortunately i have to work all weekend but if you're in the market for Very Cheap inverters you could do worse than look up the "moto-coemi"website. i recently bought a 1000w for under £50 inc postage.they have distribution outlets worldwide.