Puppeteer

Author Topic: 10/1 OMEGA  (Read 44536 times)

MacGyver

• View Profile
Re: 10/1 OMEGA
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2009, 02:42:50 AM »
jens,

Never mind!   :-[

I will do my own math again.  Musta had a brain fart.

RH

Maybe your local pub just serves small pints?  Some places are like that...  >:(
Steve

JKson (PS) 6/1 'roid & ST 7.5

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2009, 06:53:51 AM »
Try 568 cm3.  That would be a proper pint ;D >:(

But I suppose you will stick with your short measure. :)

Regards, RAB

billswan

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2009, 01:52:53 PM »
Ok guys

Need some help here. A day or two ago I changed oil for the first time, boy what a mess, I wish The engine had drain plugs at the low spots. I am lucky I have a vacuum devise that I could use to clean up all the oil in the low spots. Had an magnet in the bottom of the sump, NO large amount of anything stuck to it. Even my cheap paint is where I put it so far. :o

In the attached pix below you will see the oil filter assembly which I removed to change the filter and attach a oil pressure gauge to it. The question is does anyone on this forum know what the ends on the oil lines are called I would like to have rubber lines made so I could move the filter out from behind the flywheel. The one end is a flat faced fitting that seals with what looks like an aluminum sealing washer up inside the filter housing and the other end is some kind of taper, must be old world British fittings . Have not seen those types of ends in the US. Any one have the proper names of those ends, and the sizes?

I Have the engine running on filtered used oil now so far so good. ;D
The oil pressure gauge I added says about 2 psi when the engine oil is up to temp. The temp test reader I have says the lower end is about 130 degrees Fahrenheit.

Billswan
16/1 Metro  in the harness choking on WMO ash!!

10/1 OMEGA failed that nasty WMO ash ate it

By the way what is your cylinder index?

oliver90owner

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2009, 04:30:14 PM »
And I thought you were in Canada, which would be metric anyway.  Anyway this is a www, not just for the benefit of one small part of the globe.

RAB

sailawayrb

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2009, 04:47:07 PM »
The question is does anyone on this forum know what the ends on the oil lines are called I would like to have rubber lines made so I could move the filter out from behind the flywheel. The one end is a flat faced fitting that seals with what looks like an aluminum sealing washer up inside the filter housing and the other end is some kind of taper, must be old world British fittings . Have not seen those types of ends in the US. Any one have the proper names of those ends, and the sizes?

I don't know what they are called or what size.  However, when I needed to plumb both diesel/SVO to my 6/1, I just drilled/tapped IP to accept NPT fittings.  I had this company fashion me some nice flexible Teflon hose (somewhat pricy, but handles high temp SVO well):

http://www.americanhose.com/

I am sure if you have a similar company near where you live, you could do something similar.

Bob B.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2009, 07:10:03 PM »
They look like "flared" fittings from the photo to me but the aluminum bushing suggests something else. 

I'm currently using those stainless braided hoses that are sold for water supplies to kitchen and bathroom sinks.  I hooked the heater in my mini up with these so they go to 7 PSI and flirt with 200 degree F.  That was at least 5 years ago.  I don't know if the liner in these lines will handle motor oil but I know they handle your pressure and heat numbers.  The brass adaptors are NPT (USA).

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245